Sunday, March 8, 2015

Happy Birthday!





I am popping in with a quick card to share today.  When I saw this week's ColourQ colors, I just knew I had to play along.  I am also playing along with Retro Sketch and Just Us Girls masculine card challenge.  

I am using MFT Stamps Products unless otherwise noted.  I started with MFT card stocks in smooth white and black licorice card stocks.  I am using PTI blueberry for the color brocade blue.  I die cut the blueberry using Vertical Stitch Strips.  I die cut the black with Blueprints 13 stitched panel.  I cut it again with Blueprints 15 stitch panel to make it more narrow to comply with sketch.  I stamped the blue panel with fine check background in versamark pressing on certain areas for a more distressed stamped look.  I stamped the black panel with linen background using versamark for some subtle texture.


I stamped a smooth white panel using Forget Me Not stamp set sentiment strip to stamp repeatedly using steel gray ink to create a newsprint looking background.  I cut a strip of this using vertical stitched strips die namics.  I layered the three panels and  used foam mounting tape to pop up for added dimension.


  
Next, I worked on the focal image.  I die cut the circle scribble flowers die namics using smooth white.  I used Circle Scribble Flowers stamp set and stamped the layers using sno cone and summer crush inks.  I stamped the scribble image by stamping in black licorice ink on two of  the layers to create a more whimsical flower.  I used some foam mounting tape for dimension between a couple of the layers.  I topped it with a black enamel dot.   I stamped one of the leaves in black licorice.  The other I used the newsprint looking stamped panel and stamp it with black licorice ink.  I like the different look.



I added some loose white threading along with Scribbles die namics cut with silver foiled card stock.  I combined these elements for added dimension and depth.  They also add to the whimsical nature of the card.  I used Blueprints 20 to die cut a sentiment strip which I stamped with Totally Happy stamp set in black licorice and added to the bottom.  I finished my card with a few sequins to comply with sketch.  


As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty

10 comments

  1. I LOVE this card! Great layout fabulous use of the colors!! Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfully done, Betty! Love the way you used the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the beautiful blues and brown together....fabulous card! Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Betty! I love the colors. Don't you just love those MFT blueprints.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betty...this is just one stunning card. I love how you used just a wee bit of newsprint right between those beautiful blues. Your flower is so fabulous too, really one amazing card. Thank you so much for playing along with us at ColourQ, hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, LOVE it, Betty!!! FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty birthday card, Betty, very clean and crisp! So happy to see you at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Betty, this is gorgeous! You rocked the CQC colors...thank you for joining us again :) !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those colors and the scribble dies and thread! Awesome composition. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is gorgeous! I love that little bit of text paper peeking through!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.