Friday, July 19, 2019

Thanks Snow Much!



Happy Friday!  I have a card to share today.  I am playing along with a few blog challenges.

I am playing along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge(create your own background), AUD Sentiments Challenge, and Die Cuttin Divas.  




First of all, Eastern North Carolina is having a major heatwave!  As hot as it is outside, I decided to make something cool and refreshing!  Nothing makes me think of cooling down like freezing temps and snow!




I started with MFT blueberry card stock.  I stamped an assortment of snowflakes using Simon Says Stamps Snow Fun stamp set and Christmas Cheer stamp set.  I used an anti-static powder bag, my MISTI, versamark ink, and heat embossed using detailed white embossing powder.  I stamped small sections at a time.  



Once, I had the panel the way I wanted, I used an acrylic block, a artist brush, and some white acrylic paint mixed with water to create snow splatters.  I set this aside to dry.  Once it was dried, I die cut it with a stitched rectangle frame die.  To create some depth, I used versamark ink and a Jumbo Sponge Dauber to ink around the edges.  I added foam tape to the back and added it to a top folding select white card stock base.


I die cut another blueberry card stock circle using Spellbinders Circle dies.  I added the Poppy Stamps Pinpoint Rings.  I stamped the sentiment from SSS Snow Much stamp set and white embossed.  I used the MISTI to line it up perfectly.   I used foam tape and popped this panel up onto another larger Spellbinders Circle die in select white card stock.  


To embellish the card, I used the Mix and Mat Snowflake die.  I trimmed out three of snowflakes form the frame and used Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive to adhere to the panel.  I added clear sequins inside each of the die cut snowflakes as well as scattered a few around.  


For your convenience, here is a list of many of the products I generally use every time I make a card.

foam tape (huge roll)
As always thanks so much for stopping by!







5 comments

  1. this is a beautiful Christmas card Betty- love the snowflake theme- hope you are enjoying your summer- we are having a heatwave as well here in Pittsburgh as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO striking, Betty - you've really shown off that big sentiment to perfection with your background! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Betty, I hope it helped you to cool off during your heat wave! I love the colours and all those snowflakes are so beautiful. Thanks for entering the Aud sentiments challenge, I hope we will see you again next time.
    Jenny (DT)
    https://gingerninjacrafts.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. So BEAUTIFUL! I absolutely love this card!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Migdalia's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love it!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Die Cuttin Divas. Hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle (Die Cuttin Divas DT)
    Purple Monkey Moments

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.