Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Sending Birthday Joy!






Happy Tuesday!  I have a card to share today.  I am playing along with a couple of blog challenges.  






First of all, I want to share a tip.  Whenever I feel I have lost my mojo or creative spunk, I refer to cards I made in the past that I really liked.  Today's  card is based on the card below.  Here is the post.  I made this card over four years ago.


The concept to CASE one of my own cards already puts me in the mindset that I can do it.  Next, it jump starts me to think about how I can redo it with different products.  In other words, it starts the creative process. In this case, I changed the main color and the stamps. I kept most everything the same.  A Blast from the Past!


I started with green striped pattern paper from Altenew 6x6 paper pack.  I die cut this panel with a stitched rectangle frame die and adhered it to the top folding select white card stock base using Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive.  Next, I die cut new leaf card stock with a stitched rounded corner die.  I stamped this panel with Celestial Sky background stamp using Fresh Snow pigment ink.  




I used foam tape to add it to the striped background.  Then, I die cut the pierced tag (MFT dienamics).  I stamped the tag using my MISTI and Versafine onyx black ink the two sentiments from SSS Leafy Frames stamp set.  I added this on top of the round frame using more foam tape. 


Next, I stamped the floral images from  SSS Spring Flower stamp set using Momento Tuxedo Black ink.  I colored with Copic Markers.  I die cut the images using the coordinating SSS Floral Shapes Wafer dies.  I added some wink of stella for some shimmer to the leaves and floral image.  I added the leafy sprig and flower using foam tape.  





I  tied a white thread loopy bow and added it to the top of the tag.  I adhered it with Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive then added the small black clothespin for an added detail.  I finished my card with a few clear sequins.


For your convenience, here is a list of many of the products I generally use every time I make a card.

foam tape (huge roll)

As always thanks so much for stopping by!






6 comments

  1. A very pretty card and a great tip to CASE yourself - so often we look to others rather than back to something we've done before - I like that idea - I might offer that as a challenge to my Facebook crafting group - thanks for joining us at HSS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous!! I LOVE the colors you used. I like that you go back and look at your own cards for inspiration when you lose your mojo. Sometimes is is just so hard to find when it is gone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love that green and that flower! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors! The pop of color on your flower is lovely and your method of finding your mojo is a great idea. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Card! Love the colors. Thanks for playing with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, so pretty and bright! All the stitched detailed dies coordinate so nicely with the flower image! Thanks for playing along with HSS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.