Sunday, August 1, 2021

For Someone Special!



Hello, friends!  I have a card to share today using the August APG Die of the Month. 



My card today uses August's Amazing Paper Grace (APG) Die of the Month.  I am also using More Sentiments Glimmer set and Glimmering Butterflies set.  This month's APG is Lattice Petal Foldover.  I looked at the pieces of the die set, which is an amazing value, and chose to showcase the versatility of some of the dies and create a circle shaker card.


 I started with white card stock trimmed smaller than the card base. I ink blended a panel using spun sugar, worn lipstick, and abandon coral distress inks.  I set the panel aside to dry. I used the half die cut detailed shapes included in the APG Kit to die cut the half circle fretwork at the top of a white card stock panel and another at the bottom. I added this panel to the ink blended panel using foam tape and adhere it to a top folding white card stock base


For the focal shaker circle, I layered two of the half circle dies from the APG Kit  together before diecutting using washi tape to create a beautiful detailed circle image. I die cut the panel out with a circle die. I ink blended another panel using the same inks to sandwich behind the panel once my shaker elements were added. I used an artist brush and Starry Colors watercolors to add gold splatters. 


I used the leftover ink blended section to diecut the little spiral dies included in this month's APG Kit to create the flowers.  I added some Jewel Mix to the centers. I used gold foiled paper to diecut the leaves.



For the butterfly, I gold foiled the Glimmering Butterflies set.  I die cut with the included butterfly die.  For the sentiment, I gold foiled and die cut with a banner die.  I assembled the card. I added some foam tape to the back of the sentiment. I finished the card with a few gold metallic pearls.



If you are interested, Spellbinders has many Club Kits!
Check these out. 
There are ways to combine the clubs for an even greater value!

I am playing along with Challenge Up Your Life.







Here is a list of many of the products I generally
use every time I make a card.

  
As always thanks so much for stopping by!



1 comment

  1. Marisela Delgado said: Holy moley, girl! That is a gorgeous card and die! Wow! You always make beautiful cards. mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.