Saturday, October 13, 2012

C4C: Harlequin Candy Cups!



Happy Saturday, everyone!  It is time for another challenge with the crazies at Crazy 4 Challenges(C4C158).   Jessie is the hostess for October.     This week she challenges us make a Sweet Treat!  Showcase a sweet treat either printed on paper, word stamped, or an actual sweet treat container.  



For my sweet treat container I chose to use my PTI harlequin coverplate die.  I just love diamond shapes.  I cut out the die and used without any of the diamonds.  Just the framed portion.  I used some scor-tape to attach the ends together.  I added some red/white twine to cinch the middle to create an hour glass shape perfect for a balanced bottom and deep enough at the top to hold a clear cup of sweets.  Here I chose to add some Chex Muddy Buddies....but I am sure M & Ms, Candy Corn or sweet of choice could fit.  I really like that it is a great size to walk around with at a party and holds just enough for an individual serving.  Super quick to make, too.  I finished with a little Party Time ticket tag made with Just the Ticket stamp set.  Sweet!



Check out what the rest of the team did with this week's challenge!



As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty

Stamps Verve's  Treasured Words, Love Notes, Making a Statement, and Kindred Spirits 
Paper PTI scarlet jewel, Flourishes classic ivory, BasicGrey Clippings dp
Ink Memento black, PTI scarlet jewel, ocean tides, and Ranger brushed corduroy
Accessories sewing machine, spellbinders, nail heads, corsage pins, seam binding, PTI scarlet jewel felt,  linen button, May Arts ivory twine,  Verve's Cut Above Rounded Scallop Frame, Classy
Label, and Loopy Blooms die sets, foam tape, glue dots, pinking die cut, corrugated card board, MFT fishtail die

4 comments

  1. Oh yummy! Your cups are great.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a spectacular centerpiece or gift! Looks great, and the goodies sound yummy! Thanks for explaining how you created the paper elements!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.