Thursday, October 11, 2012

ODBD For the Love of Gratitude Hop!






For the Love  
of  Gratitude Hop!
 
Welcome to Our Daily Bread Design's Alumni Team's bi-monthly For the Love Blog Hop.  This week the Alumni team along with some of the ODBD designers are featuring a hop For the Love of Gratitude!  Check out each link and leave a comment. If you get lost along the way, check the ODBD blog for full list of links.  One of the post is a hop hot spot and a name will be drawn from that list of comments to win a $15 ODBD store gift certificate.  So, all you have to do is hop along and see all the creations and leave a little love!  You have until Wednesday, October 24th at 6 pm.   Enjoy all the beautiful designs using For the Love of Gratitude!

If you got here from fabulously talented Tosh's Blog you are in the right place.  


For my card I am using ODBD Randi's Song and Friendship stamp sets.   I combinded some Fancy Pants Hopscotch designer papers.   

I used three different patterns to stamp the framed leaf image using vintage cream ink.  I  heat embossed, cut out the image so just the leaf would be present.   I colored with coordinating copics to enhance designer paper hues.   


I lightly stamped the scripted image with ranger marmalade.  I then stamped the sentiment with a dark chocolate ink.   I added some ink distressed corrugated cardboard for added dimension. I ink distressed and paper distressed the edges, added some stitching, and finished with a button top seam binding bow and two gold pearls.    I am using this wonderful sketch from Deconstructed Sketch 72.   My card is for a very dear friend of mine.  We have known each other for over 20 years and have been there for each other in more ways than one.  I pray for her often and I appreciate her so much!

As always thanks so much for stopping by!  Enjoy the hop!  Next up is the fabulously talented Connie's blog.


Betty

40 comments

  1. Bet, you are a sweet friend! What a gorgeous card! I love everything about it and she will too!! HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great sentiments, dont think we send enough cards to friends. Should do one a week hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful. Love the cut out leaves in the corner. Gorgeous take on the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Swooning over those maple leaves, Betty :) Love the corrugated paper and note book fringe at the top too. Great work as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! Wonderful colors and I like your notebook pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, Betty, absolutely AMAZING card and I am sure your friend will love it! So many wonderful details on this masterpiece! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, the leaves look fantastic and I love this sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This has such a nice autumn feel to it with the colors and the leaves. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Beautiful Betty!! I love your layers, colours and especially the verse...what friend wouldn't be happy to receive a precious card like this!! I sure would!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a beautiful card, the colours, the flowers en the flower ribbon I love it.
    Blessings ELvira

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful selection of colors, and Betty, you know I am such a big fan of your talents!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Betty!! This card is so full of wonderfully yummy details!! I love the scripted and distressed bg of your sentiment, and your leaves...well they're fabulous!! What a treasure this will be for your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful card! I love the layering & color on the leaves. Thank you for sharing!
    -D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a pretty card! Love the colors you used for the leaves and your bow is a wonderful touch. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the card. Really like Randi's song stamp set.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card--I like the bow and the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Betty...what a glorious Autumn design! I love your elements and colors! So special!

    ReplyDelete
  18. BEAUTIFUL!! I love the colors you used and the stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card! Love the leaves and the way you interpreted the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Simply beautiful Betty! Great sentiment.
    Hope you have a great day.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. That a gorgeous card Betty..Love the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a gorgeous card! I love all your layers. Your stamping is fantastic. Those leaves are amazing! Just a wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Now this is a pretty card and I am loving these stamps. Think they will have to be added to my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a very pretty color palette and so much detail.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really like the vintage colors on this card and the cream embossing. All the details that you put into this card are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh so pretty! Great color choices for your card!!!
    Paper Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great idea to use different colors for the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous card and great colors. Love those leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Betty, Impressive seasonal and rich in layers. I like the sewing and the rugged layers. When I look out my north window I see the beautiful colors of the maple trees painting the Laurentian Mountains. Your card tells me the story. Fall is here and wooing winter once again. Blessings Carole

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love all the techniques used in this card! Stitching, distressing, inking! Love the colors. Great sentiment. Like the leaves too with the bow!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous, vintage card!!!! Love your design!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Betty this is beautiful! I am in love with the leaves!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a beautiful card!! So much texture, so much detail, so much WOW!! Love the colors and all of the angles!! Beautiful work!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Very pretty fall card...love how you created the cluster of leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Such a sweet card! I love your papers and your leaves! And of course that sentiment is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your cards have the most wonderful details. This is a lovely fall card. Love the colors. Your friend will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  37. So pretty! Love the colors and the distressing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.