Thursday, October 25, 2012

ODBD For the Love of Animals Hop!




For the Love  
of  Animals Hop!
 
Welcome to Our Daily Bread Design's Alumni Team's bi-monthly For the Love Blog Hop.  This week the Alumni team along with some of the ODBD designers are featuring a hop For the Love of Animals! Check out each link and leave a comment. If you get lost along the way, check the ODBD blog for full list of links.  One of the post is a hop hot spot and a name will be drawn from that list of comments to win a $15 ODBD store gift certificate.  So, all you have to do is hop along and see all the creations and leave a little love!  You have until Wednesday, November 7th at 6 pm.   Enjoy all the beautiful designs featuring For the Love of Animals!

I am first on the hop this week, so if  you got here from the ODBD Blog, you are in the right place.  

 

For my card I am using ODBD Sing for Joy, Weave Background, and Sacred Christmas stamp sets. 




I stamped the cardinal image and colored with copics.  The cardinal I cut out and attached on top of the initial stamped image.  I added some glitter touches to the pine needles and cone for added dimension and sparkle.  The sentiment was stamped using a stamp a ma jig for perfect placement.  This panel also received some stamped images from the smaller pine needle and pine cone that come in the Sing for Joy set.  I just used a fine linen ink for a lighter effect.  


As for the background, I just LOVE this weave background stamp.  I stamped it using Champagne Versamark.  It has a subtle shimmery effect.  However, what I love about it the most is that the watermark image is richer.  A more pronounced watermark look.  I think this design finishes the Christmas card off beautifully.  I am trying to come up with some flatter cards for mailing.  While this one does have some dimension, it is not so much that regular mailing is not feasible...I hope!  I am using the sketch from this week's I Spy Sketches 38. 


 As always thanks so much for stopping by!  Enjoy the hop!  Next up is the wonderfully talented Connie's blog.


Betty

49 comments

  1. Betty this is gorgeous!!! Love how you used the weave background and the sparkle is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this cardinal is so pretty. It looks like it just pops off the branch. Beautiful sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is beautiful Betty-love the layout-it lets your cardinal take center stage

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful! love that bg, too... perfect for the cardinal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, this is gorgeous all in red!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this!!!!!!!!! This is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) I thought you used a patterned paper!!!!!!!! LOVE how you did your own background paper!!!!!!! It looks ELEGANT!!!!!!!!!!! AND of course, the BIRD IMAGE is FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!AND the glitter on the pine & cones is VERY NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SUPER CARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elegant and beautiful~fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely rich colors and design! And I have to cheer for any cardinal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is beautiful. The shimmer of the glitter on the pine needles and pinecone are great and the colors are so right. I love your idea of flat cards for mailing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous! Cardinals are my favorite bird :) Love all the sparkle on your pine needles!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Betty,
    I was hoping there would be a beautiful red cardinal card and you've done one - fabulous! The shimmer on the pine needles and cones, plus the lovely weave background (isn't it nice!) really set off the cardinal beautifully! What a great start to another fun hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful results with the BG stamp. Like the touch of glitter in the needles.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty. Your coloring of the cardinal is awesome. Love the shimmer on the pine needles. Great card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous cardinal!! Love the sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful Betty!! The weave bg in red is so striking! It looks a bit like feathers with your bold bird in the forefront!! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So very gorgeous Betty! I love how you've set up the sketch and the out of the box stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your card; great details. BG is perfect to highlight this image. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Betty...this is soooo pretty!! I love this bird, and love your layout and colours!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning!! Very beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so beautiful! I love the stamp.. and your coloring is amazing. I love the bit of sparkle also! Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card, Betty! Love your rich colors and your simple layout.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just love the cardinal in this card. It is beautiful! Love the card. Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card. Love the cardinal and the coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous Betty!!! Love all the red and the design is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your bird is so pretty and the sparkles make it look like a winter frost!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a gorgeous card and one that brings back special memories. There was a cardinal family in the trees in my grandparents' backyard and I enjoyed seeing them and feeding them as a child. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful card...the cardinal is so striking in the winter here..I have many photos taken of them!! Let's you know that God created a most striking being!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Betty I haven't been by for SO long! Sorry! This is gorgeous too...perfect touches of shimmer and beautiful rich colors! Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your card has a regal look about it, perhaps the tilt of that beautiful Cardinal. Betty I hope you will stop by my house and perhaps even join. I like glimmer/sparkle on cards. God has BLESSED us all, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  30. beautiful card. I love the rich colors, the background stamp worked perfectly, and the glitter addition really makes this card stand out. thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Stunning card Betty....I love the sparkle on the pine boughs and your coloring is absolute perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wowzer Betty!! Exquisite!! Love your rich coloring and your design!!! Beautiful!! Love the added sparkle!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  33. Lovely coloring, pretty stamping on the tag and such pretty paper going with it

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful cardinal. Love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful bird...I love red. Lovely card you've created. Jan D., Florida

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful card...Love the stamp....

    ReplyDelete
  37. Betty, I love the stamp set and your card - and especially the sparkle!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Betty,
    I love this card. Your cardinal is colored perfectly. I need tro try my hand at coloring like that.
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  39. Betty, this is such a pretty card for the holidays! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  40. This is so pretty. Love the bg and your sparkles on the branches, perfectly done to showcase that pretty bird. TFS..:0)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Very pretty--I like the subtle weave background.

    ReplyDelete
  42. This is such a beautiful card! The color & woven background make it look RICH!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Beautiful card, great coloring (especially like the slightly blurred effect on the evergreen bough). I've never used Dazzle before (although I do use regular Versamark frequently) and I often wondered what the difference is. I think it makes your background look a bit liked embossed velvet.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Beautiful card! I love how you made the watermark background to add dimension. The cardinal is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Very nicely done. Love the weave background; it really added dimension and a wonderful backdrop for your cardinal.
    Karen L 1020at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  46. Great job on the cardinal. And thanks for explaining to me how to better use my Versamark.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Holy smokes! Super cool card!! Love the coloring and the layout!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.