Monday, May 30, 2016

Smile and Praise Him!




I am popping in with a couple of cards to share today.  For my first I am playing along with a couple of challenges.  The ColourQ! and Freshly Made Sketches.





The top photo does not really do this card justice.  I rarely stamp flowers onto colored card stock. I decided to mix things up a bit with this card.   I used PTI Bold Blossoms.    I felt the flowers needed a little something something so my wink of stella was to the rescue.  This photos shows off all that luscious shimmer.  Plus, it shows off the black embossed leaves onto gold card stock.  I used the sentiment from PTI Calligraphy Classics.  The little dot trio comes from PTI Splits: Thank You. I finished with a few sequins from Verve's Copper Blush Mix.




For my next card, I am playing along with this week's City Crafter's Challenge and CAS(E) This Sketch.

Black and White


First of all, I decided to buy a few of the PTI Splits with my last order.  I am so glad I did.  I literally cut this one in half.  It opens up a world of possibilities.  I wanted to keep it CAS, so I stamped the top and bottom portions separately onto linen paper using the MISTI.






I die cut the PRAISE word from black and gold card stock and layered.   I stamped the sentiment from Inspired Praise set.  I added some gold sequins and a couple of freehand birds to balance things out and to comply with look of sketch.  I also added some gold metallic gel pen to the sun and lightning bolt.  

As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty

10 comments

  1. Oh, these are both fabulous, Betty! I love your wonderful takes on the sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic couple of cards. The shimmer on the flowers along with the gold leaves make such an elegant look. And the second card with its bright gold heartfelt sentiment is just terrific. Thanks for joining us at colourQ, Freshly Made Sketches, and CAS(E) This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wow wow, I so love both of these, always a treat to visit your beautiful blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is just gorgeous! I love the elegance of all that white combined with those fresh colours. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning cards!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fantastic!! Stunnerss!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are just stunning, Betty! You always knock my socks off with your creativity, and these are no exception. Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing card! The inside is just as fabulous as the outside, simply incredible. Thanks so much for playing along with us at ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both are wonderful!! The way you have incorporated gold with those Bold Blossoms is truly lovely. And using that PTI Split with that sentiment is incredibly creative - LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards are great, but the Praise card is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.