Sunday, May 22, 2016

Thank You!







Happy Sunday!  I got some new Papertrey Ink goodies in the mail yesterday and finally got some time to get inky.  I am playing along with this week's CAS(E) this Sketch.



On a split second decision....pun intended....I decided to add this PTI Split: Thank You set and coordinating die into my shopping cart.  As soon as I saw this week's sketch, I just knew this image would work perfectly.


I started with some watercolor paper.  I sponged some Tumbled Glass and Broken China inks.  I spritzed some water for water splatters.  I die cut, inked and watercolored the focal image.  I used wilted violet for flowers and twisted citron and mowed lawn for the leaves.  I love my free flowing watercoloring which I think adds to the whimsical look.




I turned the image at an angle and clipped off a little touch of the side edge to comply with sketch detail. I added some wink of stella to the purple flowers for some added shimmer.  I finished the card with some loose threading and Verve's Shine Bright Sequin Mix.


As always thank so much for stopping by!

Betty

6 comments

  1. So gorgeous! The watercolor background showcases the beautiful purple blooms. I love this set too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Betty! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your angled Splits shape works beautifully for the card sketch! Love the purple and green with soft aqua.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Betty! I love your fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful take on the sketch! Looks like that stamp was meant for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card...really love how you used those stamps and dies, just stunning Betty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.