Tuesday, May 3, 2016

You're the Bee's Knees!





Happy Tuesday!   I have a fun card to share today!  I am guest designing at City Crafter Challenge Blog for this week's "Feeling Prickly" challenge.  Check out this fun inspiration photo.





For my card I started with a white card stock panel.  I stamped the background image from Better Together using distress inks in scattered straw, squeezed lemonade, and wild honey overlapping each impression.  I spritzed water and blotted off for even more dimension. Then, I added splatters of the distressed colors.  


I die cut and inked up the honeycomb pattern from The Buzz die set.  I die cut and colored two bumble bees with copic markers using The Buzz stamp set and coordinating die.  I added some wink of stella to the wings for some added shimmer.  



I finished my card with a white embossed sentiment from same set, some loose threading, and a few sequins from Verve's Harvest Gold Sequin Mix. 

 As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty
 

13 comments

  1. Betty I love your card!! Such a perfect background for the cool honeycomb and popped up bees! congrats on your guest spot :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is truly AMAZING...love it Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is fabulous! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betty your take on this weeks' theme is brilliant and I am so happy that we have you as our GD. Your creations are amazing; you're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The background of your card is amazing! And, the bees, honeycomb, and sentiment is perfect! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card! Also the rest of your cards are so colourful, original and nice!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous, Betty!! Great use of this set!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you've themed this card with the beautiful bees, the honeycomb and the sticky honey background - lovely. Thanks for being our wonderful Guest at City Crafter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely fabulous, Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful card Betty, thanks for being our guest this week at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, what a clever take on the inspiration photo, Betty!!!! Simply brilliantly done!!! Love that amazing bg you created and the bees are really cute!!!! Congrats on the GD spot!!!
    Have a great day!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my....this is one wonderful card. Love your sweet bees.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.