Sunday, May 8, 2016

Thank You So Much!






Happy Mother's Day!  I am popping in with a fun and quick card set I made for this week' Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday Challenge.  I actually need several Thank You cards.  My daughter graduated from Nursing School this week.  Her pinning ceremony was Thursday followed by graduation on Saturday.  It has been a busy three days with family in town.  We are all so very proud of her.  Anyway, she has a few Thank You cards she needs to send out.   







I kept them pretty simple.  The new Paper Clippings Thank You set made it really easy since it covers most of the card front. I started with watercolor paper, the stamp set, and my MISTI.  I dry stamped the first card  in autumn rose a few times, then wet stamped with worn lipstick and abandon coral.




For the second card, I kept the MISTI set up the same and dry stamped Bright Buttercup several times followed with water stamping of Honey distressed ink.  




For the third card, I dry stamped Simply Chartreuse several times followed with water stamping of olive distressed ink.




For the last card, I started with Blueberry Sky dry 
stamped  several times followed with water stamping of Broken China distressed ink.    I added some splatters to all four cards using a water brush and some ink.  I did add some corner accent stamping using the corner image in the new Make It Market Don't Forget to Write set.  I used berry sorbet, enchanted evening, simply chartreuse, and summer sunrise for card bases.  I added a narrow strip of true black on the left side of each card.  I finished all of the cards with a few iridescent sequins.

As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty




7 comments

  1. Betty, what a lovely set of cards! I like the colors you picked and that strip of black looks great. Congrats to your daughter, what an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally awesome card set, love the colors, Betty. Congratulations to your daughter ~ what a wonderful Mother's Day gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely thank-you cards, Betty! Congrats to your daughter on such a great achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful set of cards, Betty--great design & love all the colors! Congrats to your daughter--wishing her a wonderful nursing career! I've never been sorry I chose to be a nurse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betty, what beautiful cards! I love the pretty colors & fabulous designs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always do everything you do fabulously! Love the artsy, but at the same time graphic, feel of these cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so amazing...what a wonderful collection of cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.