Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Papertrey Ink April Blog Hop!





Happy Wednesday!   I have a card to share for this month's Papertrey Ink Blog Hop Challenge.  






I got my layout inspiration from the top cup.   I started with some stampers select white card stock to die cut and layered two of the To the Point Edgers dies to create a scalloped off centered pointed angle to mimic one of the varying angles from the stacked cups.  I layered this panel onto the simple blue plaid pattern paper from Simple Impressions: Pattern Paper Collection using some foam tape to mimic the background in the photo and to add some dimension and the look of texture.   


Next, I die cut and stamped some of the flowers and leaves from Botanical Bounty stamp set and Botanical Bounty die set.  I used hibiscus burst, pure poppyraspberry fizz, scarlet jewel, prairie grass, ripe avocado, and olive twist inks. I was able to stamp these images perfectly and create shading using the Tim Holtz Stamping Platform.


I arranged my floral bouquet to mimic the floral arrangement seen in the top cup.  I added a sentiment from one of my favorite PTI sentiment sets of all time that is soon to be retired, Vintage Picnic Sentiments.   


  I added everything to stampers select white card stock for my card base. I added touches of wink of stella to all o my flowers for some added sparkle.  I finished my card with a few clear sequins.  

As always thanks so much for hopping by!


32 comments

  1. SO beautiful! Love those gorgeous flowers and colors and beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this is stunning! I love your work, Betty, you always inspire me! Now, I must order the Botanical Bounty set. And I thought I had too many flowers that I could resist it. NOT, thanks to you! Love your delicious color choices. Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  3. ABSOLUTELY LOVEY WORK! LOVE the flowers & the plaid & the edgers die with this! JUST LOVELY!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful! You've convinced me I need the Botanical Beauty stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your design is so perfectly layered - gorgeous card, Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The way you used the edgers die is perfect. It looks like a tablecloth for a tea party. The colors match perfectly with the inspiration photo. Beautiful layers with a vintage vibe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous, Betty! I am in awe of your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, beautiful card Betty! I just knew someone was going to use the Botanical Bounty set and that I'd be bummed I didn't order it...and you did!! Your card is just lovely and all your elements work so perfectly together! GORGEOUS and well done!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Betty this is gorgeous! I love your beautiful flower arrangement and the aqua plaid. The To The Point Edger die is perfect in your design....really lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that scalloped angled edge and your beautiful florals Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just gorgeous, Betty! We had the same thoughts with the Botanical Bounty set. Love the setting of your blooms and the curve of the dies. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful Betty. Love the colors you used - they're so bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Betty, your card is beautiful!! Such soft colors and flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my! Betty your card is gorgeous! LOVE this stamp set, need to have this one rise to the top of the Wish List now after seeing your beautiful work! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty card. I love that new stamp set and you created a lovely arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful construction of your card! You happened to use sets that I do not have one of and I thought I managed the west coast PTI stock room!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card...your flowers are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW, Betty, you’ve outdone yourself again with this beauty! I don’t own any of the stamps you used but can still possibly recreate. I love your color choices, and the layout is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh this card is just so lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a lovely card Betty. Just gorgeous. I love every little thing about it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW.............Beautiful in everyway <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dang it, Betty. Every time I convince myself I don't need the latest flower set from PTI you go and make it irresistible! This card is gorgeous! Love your stitched layer in the background - lots of dies to get that done, but totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your gorgeous take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So lovely! Those blooms are gorgeous, and who are we kidding? You can never go wrong with flowers! Beautiful design too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sigh...this card is soooo pretty I could look at it for hours! Love the bright, bold florals and that perfect scalloped edge!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ahhh this is insanely gorgeous Betty! You have a true gift for color~

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a gorgeous card. I really love your bold and beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Stunning card for the hop ...love the upward for of the gorgeous blooms! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful floral arrangement & love the blue plaid! Perfect use of the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is so gorgeous! I have the edgers dies, but still haven't used them yet- thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.