Thursday, April 19, 2018

You Got This: Two Cards One Post!



Happy Thursday!  I am popping in with a couple of cards to share.  I am playing along with a couple of blog challenges.



For my first card I am playing along with Inspired by All the Little Things.  I loved all the tiny flowers.   I combined some DCWV floral and script papers to create the look. 




I used PTI A2 Noted:  Scallop Vertical die for the stitched layered rectangles.  I then die cut the Tag Sale #12 die and layered with the stitched circle.   I stamped the sentiment from Penned Elegance stamp set  using versafine onyx black ink.  I get perfect placement everytime with my Tim Holtz stamping platform.  


I used some foam tape to pop up the tag as well as the stitched circle.  I added some coordinating twine from my stash.  I layered these panels to an A2 Noted:  Scalloped Vertical die with  stampers select white card stock base.   I finished the card with a few clear sequins.



For my second card, I was just playing with paper.  I really love this blue floral that came in one of my DCWV paper pads.  I paired it with PTI Bitty Big: Dark Indigo striped for the scalloped edge background.  To get the scalloped edge I used the Noted:  Scalloped A2 die collection.  Instead of using it as the card base I cut one at the score line and added to a piece of stampers select white card stock.  


I used the Sentiment Splits:  Curved Vertical die to cut out the floral paper.  I like this because it allowed more of the striped background to peek through.  I used the Noted: Scalloped A2 die collection oval to die cut the Bitty Big:  Dark Indigo polka dotted pattern paper.  I layered the Big Basics: Thanks die using stampers select white card stock.  


I glued it to the oval and added some loose threading behind the oval. To finish the card, I added some Nuvo white crystal drops to the centers of the flowers for added dimension and detail.  

As always thanks so much for stopping by!



7 comments

  1. Two simply beautiful cards...love all your sweet flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty, what darling cards you've created with your lovely papers and dies. Super layered designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are my hero when it comes to using pp, Betty, and brilliantly designing layered cards with it! Each detail works so well with every other detail! I'm in awe from these two and from the four-card lineup you give us in the related posts! Wow! Thank you for joining Inspired By All the Little Things! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful cards! I am a big fan of yours. Your first card is perfect for the challenge, thanks for joining us at Inspired by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic cards! I love when patterned papers work in a challenge! :) Thanks for playing along with us at Inspired By All the Little Things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betty, I missed these earlier this year. Hooray for Pinterest! Your cards are lovely! Love the thought process on your indigo card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.