Saturday, October 24, 2009

For a Special Friend!



This card is for today's SCS Inspiration Challenge(IC203)! Here is my inspiration picture. This card is also for Mercy's sketch challenge(MTSC44)! I turned the sketch.

Today I am showcasing for you a stamp set from the
Sweet 'n Sassy store called Special Women. I love this set. The flower is fantastic and the sentiments are wonderful.

I have a new background technique I would like to tell you about. I am using it for the background panel in this card. More later!!!

As always, thanks so much for stopping by!!! Your comments are greatly appreciated!!!

Stamps
Sweet 'n Sassy Special Women
Paper
chocolate chip, ivory, real red, true black
Ink
momento tuxedo black, ranger antique linen, pure poppy
Accessories
chocolate polka dotted satin ribbon, bow easy, sponges, foam squares, copics, gold pearls, sizzix embossing templates, SU embossing plates



10 comments

  1. Gorgeous as always Betty! Those flowers are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful as always, I love the Verve ones also, just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful..as usual..Betty. Love that you textured the DP and flipped the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you turned Mercy's sketch Betty, beautiful done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved how you flipped the sketch! Fabulous BG embossing and your flowers are gorgeous. Wonderful card, Betty (as well as your Verve samples last night!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my - Betty - this is gorgeous!!! Perfect take on the Sketch...I like that you flipped it!!! The BG looks really awesome....do tell :)?!? Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean about a better picture in daylight, most of the time I am trying to take pictures in afternoon or evening. Either way this is a beautiful card, love the untraditional color mix of your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea to flip the sketch!! I love the gold cording holding the tag...great idea...your creations are always so rich with textures and layers...I just love looking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. holy cow, betty...this is gorgeous! your coloring is simply amazing, lady!

    thanks for playing along with my sketch for last week...you did an awesome job!

    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just linked off SCS to your blog, your cards are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.