Thursday, October 8, 2009

So Blessed....VLVOct01!!!! Shabby Chic!!!



WOW!!! I am back!!! I have had some ear issues with my allergies so I lay low for a few days. I am feeling a lot better. Of course, I am alittle bit behind with some of the challenges I like to participate in so I am combining a few.

Today's SCS
Ways to Use It Challenge (WT239) Around the World works beautifully with Verve's VLVOCT01 which is a sketch with a twist. The twist is shabby chic. So, Europe here I come!!! WooHoo!!! Thanks, Julia and Amber!!!

I am also combining this with
Crazy 4 Challenges(C4C5) to sew on a card. Thanks, Vicki(summerthyme) for this challenge!! Whether it is real or faux add some stitches. I did attempt a different faux stitching look than I normally do.

No dp was used in the making of this card. I stamped all of the backgrounds and panel pieces. I added texture and sponging to further show a shabby chic vintage look.


Stamps
Verve Swan Song, Floral Whimsy, Bountiful Backgrounds, Serenity, Enjoy, Thoughtful Florals, and Just for You. SU en francaise bg, canvas bg, and sanded bg
Paper
Dark chocolate, ruby red, ivory
Ink
Ranger fired brick, antique linen, vintage photo, walnut stain, tea dyed, and old paper SU always artichoke, Momento tuxedo black
Accessories,
Nestabilities, SU texturz plate, MS border punch, offray ribbon, button, twine, sponges, gems, brown, pearls, paper piecing mat, permanent brown fine tip marker for stitches, foam circles, glue dots, sponges...lots of sponges



25 comments

  1. Oh my THIS IS BEAUTIFUL!!! Betty I love your colors and that bow treatment GORGEOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Betty!! This sure is stunning hun!! I LOVE your layout and beautiful embellies that make it elegant too!! TFS! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty this card is gorgeous! There are so many nice details and they all come together just perfectly. Sorry to hear you've been feeling bad, but glad to know you're better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just sooo beautiful, Betty! I love your ribbon treatment...so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally shappy chic - Betty!!! Gorgeous VV card!!! The stitching looks awesome too!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you're feeling better! This card is GORGEOUS!!! I love how you stamped the sentiment over that beautiful flower image! You are amazing girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Betty, your card is stunning, I love everything, a real joy to look at
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's gorgeous Betty!! I can't believe that no DP was used on this card. Your stamping is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl you really are the best at making your own DP, just gorgeous warmth you've created!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This is amazing!!! I love your stamped background papers!!!! I can't believe they're ALL stamped! You go girl! I'm so glad you are feeling better!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I sure hope you are feeling better Betty!! Your card is amazing!! I just love the background papers your created!! The entire card is so rich, elegant and beautiful!! What a gorgeous layout!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  12. No dsp?! Amazing!! I WISH I could create dsp like this!! Your card is just stunning in every sense of the word!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I cannot even imagine making all of these papers yourself. I am hoping you stamped out an entire sheet to use again because these are amazing.. WOW.. Such super sponging.. When I grow up I want to stamp just like you..Great job.. Glad you are feeling better..That is no fun..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowsers Betty!! This is stunning!! Your handmade dp is beyond fabulous...it's outstanding. No wait, it's phenomenal...no wait...it's EXQUISITE!! LOVE this stunner!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful Betty, i love your vintage colors.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just beautiful Betty!! Love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous, Betty!!!! what beautiful colors and papers and your sewing is sooo perfect!!! Love the images and ribvbon treatment, too....FABULOUS work, gf!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Betty, when you come back hun, it's with a BANG! This is Shabby-Chic-Gorgeous! And WOW about creating your own DP, I would not have guessed that....awesome job!

    Hope your allergies are better and you have a great weekend! : )

    ReplyDelete
  19. Betty this is so rich and warm feeling! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is beatutiful, Betty! Wow! Awesome dp you created! Beautifully done!

    Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely stunning! This card is amazing! I know I always say that about your cards but it is always true!! I guess I need a bigger vocabulary!) :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  22. ***THUD*** You absolutely NAILED this challenge --- this card is absolutely STUNNING!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cards can help to us in so many ways to tell feelings to friends.If our friend is in hospital and we have no any time to go at there so we can send the cards to the friend and say sorry to them for not comining and giving them blazing of god.

    nintendo dsi r4

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.