Saturday, October 10, 2009

Button Peacock Thanks...VLVOCT02!!!


I interupt this blog post to show you my peacock legs!!!! Hee Hee!!! I Totally forgot those. When I was at the Verve release party when the Swan Song set was released, Julee mentioned that the swan could be a peacock, too. She had little leg stamps included in the set for this other look. I redid the focal piece to show you my peacock with legs.

Peacock Trivia:
All peacocks are males. Peahens are females, peachicks are babies, and they are all grouped as peafowls. Cool, huh? So, I am going to pretend that the top card is my strutting peacock and the legless one as a sitting peahen....lol!!! My moment!!! Thought I would share.






This card is for the Verve VLVOCT2 sketch challenge with a twist. We are NOT to use brown and orange. The idea I had works so beautifully with today's Inspiration Challenge(IC201) picture seen here. I know it is my second in this challenge today, but the stuff at the site is just so...well...inspirational I cannot help myself! Thanks, Amber and Stef!!!


Also, at Crazy 4 Challenges(C4C6), Vicki(summerthyme) has challenged us all to make a thank you or thanksgiving card. Thanks, Vicki!!! Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to you!!!

I am using all Verve stamps. I am using bermuda bay, enchanting evening, and ivory cardstocks. I love these hues together, but I did have to vintage them up a bit...which translates to me...as toning down the colors a bit. I stamped my background paper using the fleur de lis image from the bountiful backgrounds. I sponged the edges of the bermuda bay with some ranger antique linen and vintage photo inks. I used a sewing machine...not for sewing, though, I tried, but my thread was giving me a fit. So, I decided to just practice with the sewing holes...piercing, then just connected the dots with a navy permanent marker for the faux stitching. This went way faster than the piercing template and doing it by hand so I will probably do this more often.

I softly sponged all the ivory cardstock using ranger antique linen. However, I did not use any on the peacock inverted scallop focal image. I decided to just stencil some adirondack pool on that piece. I stamped my peacock three times using momento tuxedo black ink. I colored two sections with copics BG11, BG13, BG15. I colored the base with just the BG11 and outlined in the C1. I cut out the sections of the feathers and added the ranger waterfall stickles. Here is a close up shot, but this still does not do the irridescent shimmer justice. Just gorgeous IRL!!! I colored my swan and decided to use a button for his body, I used the waterfall stickles which just makes the peacock feathers look so irridescent and awesome IRL.

As always thanks so much for stopping by!!! Your comments are greatly appreciated!!!

Stamps
Bountiful Backgrounds, Swan Song, Thanks
Paper
ivory, bermuda bay, enchanted evening
Ink
Adirondack pool, enchanted evening, ranger antique linen, tea dyed
Accessories
Nestabilities, buttons, silver pearls, mini bowdabra, bowdabra silver cording, oval punch, stickles, sponges, foam circles, sponges, sewing maching




23 comments

  1. Betty, this is STUNNING!!! Those colors are just so gorgeous together...not to mention all of the wonderful shapes you added!! Love, love, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Betty I LOVE your peacock...Your sparkle is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Gorgeous ribbon treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning, Betty! LOVE LOVE LOVE the color combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No brown or orange...horrors! lol This card is stunningly beautiful! Great art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gor- to- the -geous Betty!!! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful card. How clever to use a button for this little peacocks body. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betty this needs to be hung on the wall!!! If not your house... send it my way and I'll frame it!!! LOL! LOVE these colors and the eye candy is fantastic! With or without legs... I absolutely love this one!!! Hugs! BTW... did you get my email thurs?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Betty this is stunning, really striking colours and I love the ribbon
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is so very pretty. I love the image and the colors! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Saw this at SCS --- absolutely totally amazing Betty!!! So much detail to look at, stunning colours and a jaw dropping creation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOWZA Betty! LOVE the colors! Love the different Nesties you used (great choice), love that button peacock and all of your embellishments too...it's GORGEOUS hun!

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE how you "buttoned" this one up, Betty! It is STUNNING! Thanks for playing C4C!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a stunning card ! The different Nesties look fab together. Love how you can change a swan into a peacock, just by adding legs ! Sue C X

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOWZER!! Betty, so so stunning!! I so love these colors...they look brilliant together!! Yummy ribbons too!! TFS! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Betty - love this! Do you have a tutorial on tying your bows? They are outstanding!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Betty, another fantastic card. Love the layering of your swan. Love the sparkle. Love the way you layered the Nesties.
    Simply Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ok, I am really really NOT copying you!! I got on to look at my Google Reader before posting my VLVOCT02 card and found we both had the peacock idea! (I think yours is so much more gorgeous! I am always in awe of the beauty of your cards!) Funny thing is I also had forgotten to stamp the legs when I made mine and I had to go back in with a pen to draw them in because I couldn't stamp in that area once I realized! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous,gorgeous card! Love the peacock legs!LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Betty!! This is stunning!! I just love your peacock legs and the colors are spectacular!! Love the layout and all the sparkle.
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  20. Holy Wow, this is fabulous -- Love the peacock you created!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.