Thursday, October 29, 2009

VERVE! Christmas in the Heart and Sharing with You...MIM/LIM!



This first card is one I showcased at the Verve release party. I am using two new Verve Christmas sets called Christmas is in the Air and Holly Jolly.

I stamped my background paper using one of the smaller holly and berry and poinsettia flowers that come in the Holly Jolly set. I colored with copics. I sponged with ranger inks. I stamped the tree on the sentiment shape as well as stamped again and colored with copics, cut out and adhered over the other tree to create an out of the frame design. I stenciled inside of the nestie shapes with some ranger inks, too. I decorated my tree with some silver pearls as well as a few accents on the card. I finished with a sheer polka dotted and a heart button to mimic the sentiment heart.

I also used the double embossed sponged background on the lower red panel. Information regarding this technique can be found here. You can click on the picture to see it in more detailed. I used a sizzix holly texture plate and a SU texturz plate.



Stamps: Christmas in the Air and Holly Jolly
Paper: PTI pure poppy, ripe avocado, true black, ivory
Ink: Momento Tuxedo black, PTI Pure Poppy, versamark
Accessories: Spellbinders, Nestabilities labels and circles, red/white polka dotted sheer ribbon, copics, gold silver pearls, 1/4" circle punch, sponges, silver cording, PTI pure poppy heart button, gold pearls, Sixxix embossing plate, Spellbinder's borderabilities, copics, mini bowdabra, foam circles, foam squares, Sizzix texture plates, SU texturz plates




Sharing with You....

Here is a set of cards is designed showing the same card two ways. The top card is the Less is More(LIM)version. The second card is the More is More(MIM) version.

This card uses two of the new Verve releases called Star of Wonder and Blessed Christmas.

This card is the less is more version and could be easily massed produced. It is a 5 X 7 card and uses a 12 X 12 sheet of night of navy cardstock and a standard ivory cardstock sheet.



Stamps: Star of Wonder and Blessed Christmas
Paper: night of navy and ivory
Ink: night of navy
Accessories: Spellbinders long short rectangles, gem, stardust gel pen, sizzix Christmas texutured plates, navy satin ribbon



This card is the more is more version. It uses the same sets, but I added a few more things to this card.




To this card I added the following

another color(chocolate chip...two layers)
faux stitching
sponging
gold cording
button
dark brown satin ribbon(to layer with the navy)
gold pearls


Stamps: Star of Wonder and Blessed Christmas
Paper: night of navy and ivory, chocolate chip
Ink: night of navy, ranger antique linen, vintage photo
Accessories: Spellbinders long short rectangles, gem, stardust gel pen, sizzix Christmas texutured plates, navy satin ribbon, chocolate satin ribbon, gold cording, PTI vintage cream button, piercing template, black permanent marker for faux stitching, foam tape, glue dots, gold pearls, sponges




All of the Verve releases are still on sale at a new release price until November 15th so go check out the new sets! They are all amazing!!!


17 comments

  1. Well knock my socks off Betty, they're all fabulous...I know I say that a lot when commenting here, but it's so true! Your creations are so inspiring, you are so talented hun!

    Love the colors, shapes and textures on your first one, that tree is just perfect!

    And the other 2...loving that blue, and your embossing is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Cheryl, I think I say woe out load everytime I come by, the double embossing technique is so neat and your sponging is always perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible Betty!!! All of these creations are unbelievably beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful! I love the RED of course, but the blue and white is so elegant. I love all three, and would love to get any one of them!! wink!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh MY! What a difference the sponging makes on the MIM card! WOW! Truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you say FABULOUS??? WOW, Betty, you sure know how to rock those stamps, girl!!! The first one is beautiful with those rich colors. The second one, oh my, where do I start here? Lets just say pure ELEGANCE and the third card, I will have to say absolutely stunning and BREATHTAKING masterpiece!! I am just at awe. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betty, you are simply amazing!! Each card is just as fabulous as the one before it! WOW!! And I adore your LIM as much as the MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are just gorgeous, Betty! I love the colors and out of the box tree on the first, and the other card two ways is such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Betty you have been busy, love all your cards, they are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW WOW WOW these are absolutely GORGEOUS! You are a ROCKSTAR w/ these stamps Betty! Julee couldn't have picked a better Guest Diva this month-you amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW Betty! All 3 of these cards are amazing! So well put together!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Clever designs, and so pretty! Great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved them all at the release and loving them all here too :D Great set of cards that showcase and shout Verve!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Betty! These are all so wonderful!! The first card is just so fun...love the silver balls on the tree! Your last two cards are also sooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Betty they are all gorgeous!!! The first one is so cleverly laid out! Love the fun feel. The other two are wonderful in every way! Love your style gf!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Betty! These are soooo elegant..love the colors u choose..just gorgeous..

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know I'm late in commenting, but these cards are just absolutely gorgeous, Betty! Your stunning cards never cease to amaze me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.