Saturday, October 10, 2009

Showers of Blessings!



This card is for today's SCS Inspiration Challenge(IC201)! Thanks, Stef!!!
Here is the picture I chose as my inspiration.

I cannot believe that I did not sponge anything. I decided to keep this card clean and fresh so to speak. I always love the air after a wonderful shower. It is like it renews the air of harmful stuff. This card is also for this week's SCS Sketch Challenge(SC249). I love this sketch and finally had a chance to use it. Thanks, Roxie!

I am using Sweet 'n Sassy digital stamp set called Showers of Blessings. You can see my card and commentary at the SNSS blog, too. I am using some K & Co. life's journey dp to mimic the background or wall behind the wall pendant. I copied the little girl, enlarged her, pasted the sentiment beside her, printed, and colored with copics. I added some sakura gel pen to the rain drops and lines.


I kept this card pretty simple and I think somewhat elegant even with a whimsical image. The wide bordeaux ribbon is wide enough to act as the horizontal element in the sketch and an embellishment. I added a few clear gems to mimic some of the sparkle and shine in the inspiration piece.



Stamps
Sweet 'n Sassy Showers of Blessings
Paper
Scarlet Jewel, ivory, K & Co Life's Journey dp, Prism iced teal
Accessories
Printer, copics, foam circles, wide satin ribbon, clear gems, sakura gel pen




7 comments

  1. Oh, this is so pretty, Betty. I love the rich colors and that ribbon is just the perfect embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Betty this is beautiful, the image and sentiment are lovely and your choice of colours are gorgeous
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Betty! Gorgeous paper, image and awesome coloring job as well. That yummy ribbon is right up my alley...I love that too! Fab job hun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty card Betty!! The papers and ribbon are beautiful!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betty - this is beautiful!!! What a sweet image and take on the IC!!! Love this clean look :)!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Betty - love the paper and that luscious ribbon and that image is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.