Friday, October 23, 2009

O Christmas Tree....Verve Peeks!!!


First of all, I just wanted to let you all know that I started a job this week. I am officially employed as a waitress. I used to work at this restaurant when I was in college and actually opened the store with the owner back in 1987. It is quite odd going back after 22 years! I work lunch 11-2. It is fun and fast. I am hoping I can shed a few more pounds and get some exercise at the same time. I came home yesterday and was literally sore from the top of my head to my piggy toes. It is going to take a bit to get all my muscle groups back into the groove. Just wanted you to know why I have not posted as much this week.

I am back with a couple more Verve sneak peeks before the big release party tonight. There are two more sets being peeked on the Verve Blog today. I am using O Christmas Tree set for both of these cards. For the first card above,I used one of the small script like fonts to stamp a background panel that I heavily sponged. I then used the polka dot backgrounder from the bountiful backgrounds set. I sponged this panel as well as used a SU texturz plate. I inked my Christmas tree with some ripe avocado ink and rocked and rolled it with momento tuxedo black. I added a few gold pearl for ornament decoration. I really love how it turned out. I finished with some ribbon, bow, gold cording, border punch, and gold pearl accenting.

My second sample I wanted to show for you today uses the same set. There are lots of options in this set. I also wanted to showcase for you an alternate stamp style. I sponged very little on this card. Just a little bit of some ranger antique linen. I mainly used basicgray wassail dp and a sizzix texture Christmas plate for the background panel.

I stamped this beautifully designed and detailed wreath from the set with Momento tuxedo black ink. I colored with copics. I stamped one of the separate ribbon bows from the set and colored with copics and added it over the top of the ribbon on the wreath. I added some gold pearls and a layered borderabilites, a ribbon bow with button accenting, and my card was complete.

To see the other gorgeous samples with this set and the other new set, you'll have to check out the Verve blog! The Diva's have some amazing samples this week!





Don't forget to join us for the Verve Release Party tonight, Friday October 23rd, at 9:00pm EST in the Verve Forum! Hope to see you there! You will see more faulous diva creations using this month's new releases and chat it up with the rest ofus.

Card 1
Stamps: O Christmas Tree, Bountiful Backgrounds
Paper: PTI ripe avocade and true black, Flourishes Ivory cardstock
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black, PTI ripe avocado, ranger antique linen, vintage photo
Accessories: Fiskars Border Punch, Spellbinders Petite rectangle nestabilities, fancy labels, offray sheer black and olive, mini bowdabra, gold cording, SU texturz plates, gold pearls

Card 2
Stamps: O Christmas Tree
Paper: PTI, scarlet jewel, ivory, always artichoke, basicgray wassail
Ink: PTI scarlet jewel, ranger antique linen
Accessories: Spellbinders, Nestabilities Petite circles, ivory satin ribbon, gold cording, PTI scarlet jewel button, gold pearls, Sixxix embossing plate, Spellbinder's borderabilities, copics




27 comments

  1. Both cards are beautiful of course. Great colors and layers!! Lovely layouts! betty, I think it's great that you are exercising those muscles......what a hoot!! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty these are both STUNNING cards hun, so beautiful, you are one talented lady
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Betty!! As always, you have produced a fabulous, gorgeous card!!
    --Hugs Becca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on you job Betty!! I hope you enjoy it!! Sounds a little tiring at the moment.

    Your cards are so gorgeous Betty!! I love your rich colors, beautiful coloring and details!! Your layout and designs with all the details are always stunning!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh are these GORGEOUS! You did such a beautiful and elegant job on these-WOW! Congrats on your new job, too-I hope it's going well! I always say that is the one job I could never do b/c I am WAY too klutzy LOL! Enjoy your weekend and congrats again on being a Guest Diva! you're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betty, these cards are da-bomb!!! You always have such impeccable taste and a wonderful, timeless, classic style.

    Congrats on the job find! I'm still waiting for a call needing a sub teacher, but I know God is in control of that because this week, my kiddos needed me since all 4 have been sick in rotation since last Friday and now it's my turn *UGG*.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are just over-the-top GORGEOUS! All those fabulous details are pure eye-candy!! I just LOVE how you coil the gold cording, and it always catches my eye right away! Good luck with the job, I hope it all works out for you and your body gets used to it again soon! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These cards are very wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are stunning Christmas cards, Betty! I love all the wonderful details!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG - Betty - these are both ABSOLTUEY FANTASTIC!!! I LOVE THEM BOTH!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Betty, both of your cards are GORGEOUS!!! Love the colors on both of them. You are the queen of beautiful!!! I hope all goes well with your new job. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, the samples are really beautiful!! I can't wait for the new release, I LOVE that poinsettia wreath and the tree is so pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cards are gorgeous Betty, so pretty
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE what you've done with this fabulous tree, Betty! Great use of the scrip for a BG and the colours are wonderful. The wreath card is amazing too! Love the DPs you used on it and the curly gold wire in the bow is great. Fabulous work on both :D See you tonite at the release party!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my heavens!! These are absolutely stunning. I knew you would do something amazing with that wreath!! That card takes my breath away!! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  16. What stunning cards ! The colours, design everything ! Beautiful ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Think all the perfect words have been used to describe these cards! Love the layouts and coloring on both of them! Absolutely beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A pair of beautiful cards Betty! I so love the deep greens with the tree!

    Congrats on a new fast paced job girl! I bet people will always wanting to sit at 'your' tables :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't know how you do it! Your work is always SO stunning! Thank you for all of the inspiration! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW!! Betty, these are both just stunning!! I so love that tree, but your details make all the more fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow... these are gorgeous Betty! As always!! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog!! Congrats on the new job!! That is awesome! Let me know if it helps you lose weight and then I might have to give it a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing, Betty! So rich and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  23. O you have outdone yourself, these are so beautiful, love the snow on that Christmas tree and Congratulations on being a guest designer for VERVE. That is a BIG deal lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh wow ! I love your christmas cards they are beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  25. ***THUD*** This would have to be one of my favourite Christmas cards EVER!!!! STUNNING!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.