Thursday, October 22, 2009

Verve Sneak Peeks! VSOCT09



This card is for today's Ways to Use it Challenge(WT241)! We are to patch it up!! Instead of using actual pieces of paper to patch things, I decided to stamp an image in a sporadic background design in different colors. This card is for the Verve Release Week Sketch Challenges! I am showcasing for you one of the new sets called Holly Jolly Christmas and Christmas in the Air.

For this card I wanted to go alittle vintage whimsical if there is such a thing. I am using nontraditional colors. I stamped and shadowed my background using one of the smaller ornaments that come in the set. I love this multicolored sporadic look. I used a copic C1 marker to shadow the ornaments to give them some depth. I sponged the edges and used a SU texturz plate to go behind the sentiment panel. I finished with some sentiment sponge stenciling and silver pearl accenting.


Stamps: Release Party sneak peeks.... Holly Jolly Christmas and Christmas in the Air, SU script(retired)
Paper: SU melon mambo, SU garden green, gp white, PTI true black
Ink: PTI raspberry fizz, leaf green summer sunrise, scarlet jewel, hibiscus burst,ranger antique linen, old paper
Accessories: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 9, Petite rectangles, SU photo corner punch, offray fuschia satin ribbon,silver cording, SU texturez paltes, silver pearls, mini bowdabra, stardust gel pen, Copic C1






9 comments

  1. So pretty and rich looking Betty. Hugs Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOO Betty LOVE these colors!!! Great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card Betty! I love the colors!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betty - this is an awesome sneak peek!!! Can't wait to see the entire line!!! These colors are soooo beautiful too!!! WTG GF!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had NO idea you were a guest diva Betty! CONGRATS! You so deserve it and your creations are always stunning! I'm so happy for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also wanted to tell you *CONGRATS* on your GDT gig!!! You rock the VV Sets and I'm so happy Julee swept you up!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, I love the colours and that lush ribbon xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card. Looking forward to seeing your other release cards tomorrow night :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Betty these are both beautiful! Girl you know how to do the glam.. Love them both.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.