Saturday, October 3, 2009

My More is MORE Moment and Thank You!




Edited...I posted this card before I went to bed and knew I was going to need to take a better picture in the morning. While I was making the card, I kept debating whether or not to add ribbon. This morning, in the light of day, I kept looking at my card and I just knew I needed to add ribbon and do a few more things to it. So, here goes...my more is more moment. I added the ribbon, four more silver pearls to the corners, and I colored the flower image and cut it out and popped it up on dimensionals. So, what do you think? More is MORE or do you like the LESS is more version?





This card is for today's SCS Inspiration Challenge(IC200)!!! Thanks so much, Stef!!! The Kir De Vries store is amazing. I chose the image on the right hand side as my inspiration picture and colors.

I have been asked by Korin of S
weet 'n Sassy Stamps to be their Guest Designer for the month of October. I am so thrilled because the images are wonderful and I am having fun creating with them.

Today, I am sharing with you today one of Sweet 'n Sassy's acrylic sets called Bee Happy! I love this wonderful flower and the many other images and sentiments that come in this set.

For this card, I tried to stay clean and simple to convey the look of my inspiration choice. I actually colored with ink and let dry a metal frame that I have had for awhile.

I ran the background red cardstock through a texturz plate. Then, I sponged using Ranger fired brick on this piece and the background poppy cardstock. I colored the main image with copics and sponged Ranger Antique Linen ink on top of the whole surface. The edges are alittle more darker. I sponged the background ivory panel with the same ink. I added simple oval sentiment. The inspiraton piece has lots of words on its label, but I thought since my frame label has embossed circles that the one simple sentiment looked best.

I finished with silver pearl accents in the corners to highlight the silver canister tops.

I love the CAS design of this card. As always, thanks so much for stopping by and your comments are greatly appreciated!!!

Please check out the Sweet 'n Sassy blog for more

Stamps
SNSS Bee Happy
Paper
Pure Poppy, Ivory
Ink
Ranger Fired brick and antique linen, Momento tuxedo black
Accessories
MM metal frame, foam circles, oval punch, SU texturz plates, silver pearls, copics, sponges





16 comments

  1. This is great Betty! I love that metal frame!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME Betty! I love ALL the textures...it's just very classy and gorgeous!

    Congrats on being the guest DT...I'm so excited for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card Betty!! Love that dotted frame and colors!! Happy World Card Making Day!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful blog and awesome cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA! I LOVE THIS!! Your first one is just as fabby, some like it more simple, but I'm like you... I tend to take a picture and when uploading I'm thinking, "OH, I shoud've put stickles on that, or that needs wider ribbon" LOL - well I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this! :) heehee. Awesome creation. LOVE the frame you made for that beautiful flower, and your colors are PERFECT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH for sure LOVE the MORE! Betty you really came up to the plate on this one! Sometimes I just go to bed and re-visit my creation the next day to see how it feels and then almost ALWAYS add to it somehow! SO GLAD OU DID! first one is great, but the second one is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy WCMD Betty!!! Oh I love this card....and yes the bow is the perfect finish!!! This is a super cute take on the IC piece!!! Hope you get to stamp your little heart out today - he,he,he!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Betty I so identify with you on this one! So often it's after I look at a photo of a card that I decide i have to redo something! LOL! I love them both... but when it comes to CAS I know for myself I'm never very happy with my own! Like today for example! Yours was lovely but I do like it with the bow better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both are beautiful...but oh yeah, I like the more is more card better with the pretty ribbon and doubled up silver pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Betty- both cards are gorgeous! I'm a 'more is more' kinda gal so I love the version with the ribbon. That metal frame is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved the first one but you are right (or is that Wright,) the second one is fabulous!!

    I look forward to co-designing with you this month at SNS!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. MORE MORE MORE! I love that ribbon and popping up the bloom and leaves makes a big WOW difference! Love this card. Hugs my friend!

    P.S. you HAVE to check out my new Rob picture -hubba hubba!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats first of all...and I love the more, more, more! And then again, I love the less, less, less! Both cards are equally elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE this Betty! That metal frame is AWESOME and shows off this super cute image perfectly! I LOVE the ribbon too!!! Congrats on your SNS DT spot! How Fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW this is SO COOL!!! Love that metal frame!!! Congrats on the Guest Role at Sweet & Sassy - you will be such a wonderful asset to them with your gorgeous work!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.