Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge(FTTC38)!



It is time for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge(FTTC38)! Dee Jackson is our challenge host this week. Dee is challenging us to watercoloring. We can use any medium for watercolor we choose and any theme we want. Pretty simple and straight forward. Looking forward to seeing what you create with the watercolor challenge!

This card is also for today's SCS Color Challenge(CC241)! I am hosting this challenge today at SCS. Always Bravo Cameo! The colors are Always Artichoke(optional), Bravo Burgandy, and Cameo Coral, Very Vanilla. I am using PTI scarlet jewel, melon berry(sponged with berry sorbet and vintage photo), and Flourishes Classic Ivory cardstock. I used the ivory for the background musical score and the European watercolor paper for the main image. I only used the always artichoke in my coloring which is why I made that optional.

I am using one of the new releases this month called
Christmas Wreath and Christmas Music sets. I stamped my wreath using Momento Tuxedo ink onto European watercolor paper. I love this wreath. It is huge and just beautifully detailed. I love the fact that a smaller matching wreath comes in this set along with sentiments. This Merry Christmas sentiment is just perfect!!! I love the flowy scripty font and decided to make it look like a banner. I distressed the edges and sponged over my watercoloring to create more warmth and an old world feel. I am really loving this musical score background set. It is just the perfect background for almost anything Christmas. I added some stardust gel pen detailing along with some gold cording and gold pearl accents to finish my card.


This card is also using the sketch challenge from the Crazy 4 Challenges(C4C7) blog!!! Thanks a bunch, Cindy and Vicki!!!

Please check out the other blog team designer's to see what they created with the watercolor challenge! As always, thanks so much for stopping by!!! Your comments are great appreciated!!! Also, just wanted to say Happy Birthday to Silke(sparklegirl)!!! She is turning "29" again today!!! Have a Great Day and a Blessed Year!!!


Maki Jones

Silke Ledlow

Cindy Haffner

Dee Jackson

Kim Crawford



Stamps
Flourishes Christmas Wreath and Christmas Music
Paper
PTI scarlet jewel, melon berry, Flourishes classic ivory cardstock
Ink
scarlet jewel, ranger antique linen, vintage photo, walnut stain, ink pads in assorted colors for wreath
Accessories
EK Success border punches, gold pearls, mini bowdarbra gold cording(wire), stardust gel pen, sponges, foam tape, glue dots, copics C1, aquapainter, blender pens







29 comments

  1. WOW - BETTY - YOUR CARD IS FABULOUS!!!! OMG - I LOVE EVERTHING ABOUT THIS CARD!!! Truly a *Betty masterpiece*!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  2. STUNNING, Betty!! Love the aged look and the wonderful sentiment treatment!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Betty! This is gorgeous! Love the vintage feel and the cool layout.

    Smiles,
    Lesley :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I just enjoy seeing your fabulous creations every week. They never cease to amaze me with their beauty and design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betty ~ This is simple elegance at it' best! Your creativity is such an inspiration. Thank you for sharing it with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Betty! This is so pretty and festive! Awesome job on that wreath! LOVE THIS! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Outstanding! Over the top gorgeous! I think this set will be the one I use for my Christmas cards this year! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowza Betty!! This card is truly amazing!! All the coloring & details are so gorgeous!! The distressing just perfect to add the vintage feel. What a fablous Christmas card!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW WOW WOW BETTY! This is totally awesome! LOVE it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Betty this rocks, and you nailed that sketch, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! But everything you do is always beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Breathtaking, Betty!!! Truly breathtaking, love all of the rich colors and the warmth this card has. Absolutely GORGEOUS!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous Betty!!!! WOW some one VERY LUCKY will receive this one for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOWZER!! This is just BRILLIANT hun!! I love your gorgeous details and images Betty!! TFS! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Betty!! This is incredible!! I just love your colors and all the sponging you added. So many gorgeous details!! Beautiful wreathe!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, Betty! That is SO lovely! The gold ribbon treatment is just gorgeous and I love the flagged sentiment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card, Betty! It definitely has the "WOW" factor! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Holy cow, Betty! This is AMAZING!!! Truly stunning...every single detail!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so beautiful Betty. What lucky recipients you have on your Christmas card list

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is just MAGNIFICENT Betty! LOVE this color combo and your card is simply AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Wow, this is just absolutely stunning!!! I hope my stamps get here today and I can't wait to play.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your water coloring is amazing. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Betty, this is so elegant and gorgeous! You did an amazing job watercoloring this. You have convinced me I am going to have to get this wreath. What a beautiful card.
    ~Pam
    http://stampsinc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous! Oh Betty this is fantastic, love your warm and rich colors.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is just GORGEOUS!!! I love the layout and your coloring WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow this is incredibly beautiful! Your colouring is awesome and so vibrant! Very lovely
    Beth Greco

    ReplyDelete
  27. Way beyond gorgeous, Betty! What a beautiful, classic Christmas card with a little twist on the colors. I love the combo! The music background is wonderful with this, too. It's all just stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.