Friday, October 9, 2009

Harvest Blessings!




This card is for today's Limited Supplies Challenge(LSC241)! Today’s challenge is to do a FALL-themed card with stamps, paper, and ink . . . and NO embellishments! What....no buttons, no ribbon, no brads, no eyelets, no stickers, no rub-ons, no chipboard, no primas?

We can use diecuts (which include punches) and/or embossing folders. The focal point should be something STAMPED and not something diecut (you CAN use a Nestabilities die, for example, but there must be something stamped in center of it!). Thanks a bunch, Wendy!!!

I am using the sketch for this week's The Sweet Shop sketch challenge(SSS24).

My Harvest Blessing card uses faux brads and a faux ribbon tab. I think it is a cornucopia of faux fabulousness. I am using Sweet 'n Sassy digital stamp set called Harvest Fruits. Please check out the Sweet 'n Sassy blog for some more commentary.

I made the background scripture paper. I copied and pasted one of the scriptures in this set several times. When I had it looking like I wanted, I printed on ivory cardstock. I then started sponging the edges with Ranger antique linen ink, then some vintage photo, and a touch of some walnut stain. I always start sponging with light colors first.


For the horizontal panel, I used a piece of Recollections Autumnal dp. I sponged the edges and stamped on it the sanded bg to create a distress feeling to the muted gingham print.

I colored my image using copics. I would like to add that I checked out Sharon Harnist's blog yesterday. She has a link to a copic tutorial she has done coloring a cornucopia. I found this very informative and helpful. I also realized I need more copics. I softly sponge with nestie stencil around my cornucopia.

For the panel behind the focal image, I wanted to continue with muted tonal patterns so to keep this from getting too busy, I just opted for a panel of cuttlebug texture. I did softly sponge over this the ranger vintage photo.

For the sentiment, we were allowed to use a nestabilities as long as something was stamped inside. I printed the harvest blessings sentiment and softly sponged stencil with the nesties some pumpkin pie and antique linen. I may have used a touch of some vintage photo.

Since no embellishments were allowed...NO gold pearls or ribbon??? What is a girl to do? I decided to make some faux brads using a 1/4" circle punch which is allowed. I added some glossy accents to the top to make them look more dimensional. I learned this trick from Cindy Lawrence. To this I want to add my "duh" moment. I generally punch the circles, adhere to the glue dots, add the glossy enamel, and let dry. I was in a hurry today and did not have time for the glossy enamel to dry, I tried doing it with the same process using tweezers. Long story short, add the circles to the card first..duh, then add the glossy enamel. No more than is used without dripping, it should be fine to take a picture. It can dry later. It really is cumbersome to try to add them to the card with sticky glossy enamel...lol!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!!! Your comments are greatly appreciated!!! Have a great weekend!!!


Stamps
SNSS Harvest Blessing, SU sanded bg
Paper
dark chocolate, ivory, pumpkin pie, recollections autumn dp
Ink
Printer ink, ranger antique linen, vintage photo, walnut stain, pumpkin pie
Accessories
Nestabilites, sponges, ranger glossy accents, glue dots, foam circles, MS border punch, cb ef, SU texturz plate, white gel marker, copics, 1/4" circle punch




12 comments

  1. Wonderful fall card Betty! Love your techniques, (minus embellies LOL) and your coloring and layers...it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty this is a Beautiful Fall card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So stunning Betty! really love the pretty layout and your coloring is just beautiful!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Betty what a gorgeous fall image!!! I LOVE your colors and your coloring WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well this certainly doesn't look like it's limited in supplies to me, Betty -- absolutely gorgeous! Your coloring is fabulous and all the texture and beautiful background paper you created make this a very elegant card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks wonderful, Betty! Another fabulous creation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another gorgeous card!! I can't believe how well you color!! I will never be able to color like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Betty!! I LOVE the warmth and richness of this beauty!! Your coloring is outstanding!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! Your hand created papers are the best!! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  10. Betty - this is one awesome take on the LSC!!! Perfect card for the upcoming holidays!!! Love these rich colors and the image!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Spectacular, Betty! I am amazed at all of the different techniques and faux work you did to make this card...it is STUNNING! I'm absolutely happy you played along with the SSS sketch challenge and would LOVE to have you join us each week...Looking forward to browsing through your creative work here much more often.
    Thanks for joining us at The Sweet Stop!
    Barbg(WV)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoa - tough challenge and yet you have done an INCREDIBLE job with it!!! What a gorgeous card and awesome colouring!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.