Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Happy Birthday

This card is for SCS color challenge (CC195). Today's colors are basic black, sahara sand, and very vanilla. I love these colors. I want a clean, simple, manly card. Do you think this looks manly enough? I used Flourishes, LLC Birds in Vines and Many Sentiments. I let very vanilla be my predominate color. The only problem with ME doing clean and simple with a lot of light colors and dark inks....is inky fingers. I have to constantly wash my hands or I get smudges everywhere. So, while this card appears clean and simple it took me several tries without smudging the cardstock. If anyone knows the secret to this without the smudges, please fill me in. I really need to know....lol!!!

STAMPS
Flourishes Birds and Vines and Many Sentiments
PAPER
Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand, black
INK
Black Staz on
ACCESSORIES
Rectangle Nesties, foam tape

7 comments

  1. WOW! This is gorgeous!! Love the black and white!! TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH SO elegant and BEAUTIFUL, Betty!!! Absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo gorgeous, Betty...love all the Flourishes stamps you used....this is sooo elegant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that black and white contrast!! Just gorgeous Betty! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so elegant and classy!! I can't imagine anyone not loving this creation - woman or man!!
    hugs, Jami

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous,Elegant,and a hint of RETRO circa 1600's & 1700's.

    I'm Stampin'Up! at heart but Flourishes and Our Daily Bread Designs tug my heart strings too.

    As for inky hands - I'm the queen of stains since my chemistry tends to hold on to even water soluble color so I use non-latex-non-powdered gloves and take them off and on in between stamping. I also use tweezer type tools to hold when I have to handle the paper while inking it. When sponging I use the binder style paper clips to hold the sponge (I cut them up into color groupings) and then I hold the folded out handle (clips)and thus keep my fingers further from the ink. A bit time consuming I suppose but at least I don't waste as much paper.

    I also find keeping elements separate until the last minute helps cut down on throwing out pieces I labored over to color but toss because I adhered it to the segment to be stamped next.

    I also have a stamp that looks like a cat paw print I sometimes stamp over boo boos so I can blame the spot on my cats (they're used to it - lol). Some friends like to get these boo boo cards (go figure!).

    Whoever said that cat's years are like dog years (7 of theirs for one of ours) really missed the point. All my cats are permanent 2 year olds (think terrible twos and you'll get the idea) with slightly craftier minds!

    Thanks for sharing and congrats on joining the ODBD design team.

    Blessings - Jean

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! love the layout!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.