Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Rejoice!




This card is for today's Sketch Challenge(SC253)! Thanks so much, Roxie!!! I used the bow pieces for my vertical pieces.

I am using ODBD Luke 2:11 and Christmas Verses sets.

For this card I am using soft suede and purely pomegranate with some ivory cardstock. I think purely pomegranate just screams Christmas and I actually still have some of the holiday dp left over to use for the background. I stamped my poinsettia and colored with copics, distressed with some ranger antique linen, and added a double layer at the top and bottom panels of MS border punch. I finished with my bow, gold curly que cording, and gold pearls. I paper pierced the background vertical panel at the top and bottom. I faux stitched with a permanent marker. All of the ivory panels were lightly sponged with the Ranger antique linen ink. The main panel just a little heavier with the ink.


Stamps
ODBD Luke 2:11, Christmas Verses
Paper
Soft Suede, Purely Pomegranate, Ivory, retired SU holiday paper 2007?
Ink
purely pomegranate, ranger antique linen
Accessories
MS border punch, gold bowdabra wire, ribbon, foam dots, gold pearls, foam squares, copics, white gel, sponges, mini bowdabra







15 comments

  1. Betty, oh my this is such a gorgeous card...I LOVE the colors, your ribbon and all these details...So many gorgeous things to look at in one creation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning Betty! OMGoodness... the richness of these colors are wow! Love this Pomegranate bow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girl, you are so talented. I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Betty, it's very elegant and classy and GORGEOUS! I'm always amazed at your ribbons/bows....teach me, teach me...LOL! Your colors here....beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is s beautiful...the colors, the layout, the bows,the border... an absolute masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW - Betty - this is just GORGEOUS!!! Love this color combo and the ODBD Set!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS, Betty!!!! Another masterpiece by the queen of elegant beauty :D!!! The colors are stunning...the stamps, well they are amazing and I love the details you've added to this card. Fabulous card, Betty!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a beautiful card love how you did the bow and the colors perfect
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Betty, this is just wonderful!! The bow is so pretty! All your bows lately have been so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card, Betty! I love all the details. Really gorgeous!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous card Betty! Delicious elements put together in your special, amazing and unique style!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous, Betty! Love the color. The bow and the gold trim are just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is soooo beautiful, Betty!! Love how you did the ribbon treatment with the tails under the image!! FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sooo delicate and pretty...I love the gorgeous colors, Betty, and the ribbon treatment with the curlie cording is just lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.