Thursday, August 14, 2014

You've Been On My Mind! PTI MIM Challenge!




I am popping in tonight with a card for this week's Papertrey Make It Monday Challenge!  It has been a busy week.  I went to school this week and moved my classroom and got it decorated.  I am teaching 7th grade this year.  My summer vacation is almost over.  I have 1 day before I officially return!  

This week's PTI challenge is using embossing paste to create backgrounds.  I have used embossing paste once before.  It is one of those techniques where you do have to plan ahead and allow for drying time.  Other than that, it is like frosting a cake.



I started with white card stock and the harlequin die to create a stencil.  I  combined paste and Spring Rain reinker.  I decided I wanted it darker so I added some Enchanted Evening reinker.  I added for a highlighted effect some plain white paste over the darker blue.  I let it dry.  I added gold embossed vellum feathers from Feather Finery set, a sentiment from Friendly Flowers, and some tiny clear gems and my card was complete.

As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty 

13 comments

  1. This is gorgeous Betty. I love how you did that stencil and love the colors. And what beautiful feathers embossed in gold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! Love the vellum feathers with the dramatic background :)
    Hope you enjoy the end of your break- we have a few weeks before school starts but it still feels like it has gone much too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful!! Love those gold feathers over the dark blue background! And all the best for the new school year ahead. I have taught 7th grade, but loved grades 3-4 the best--but oh, so glad to be retired, now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous!! GORGEOUS background!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you did w/the embossing paste.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Betty! I love your use of the embossing paste and that sentiment, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Betty!! I love your card. The blue color is so pretty and the feathers add so much to your card. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So elegant and lovely! The texture is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love how much texture you left on your diamonds!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its beautiful, I love thick layer of embossing paste

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colors Betty. The pearls are the perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so beautiful, love the feathers and the great design. I am certain teaching 7th grade can be a challenge with all those tween hormones going crazy, lol. My youngest is in the 6th grade and my grandson is in the 3rd, so I am getting prepared for that, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.