Monday, November 3, 2014

Out on a Limb Thank You!






Print 
I have a card to share today!  I made it yesterday, but did not have a chance to blog it til now.  I am playing along with this week's MFT Weekly Sketch Challenge.  


I started with MFT Card Stock Sampler Pack.  I used smooth white, gumdrop green, and blu raspberry.  I die cut the blu raspberry panel with the stitch frame from Blueprints 15.  I stamped this panel using MFT Premium Blu Raspberry Ink and MFT Spotlight Sentiments stamp set.  I then used MFT Rectangle Frames die namics.  To create the background panels from the sketch, I die cut three blu raspberry panels.  I cut one frame in half and glued the two halves to the bottom of the others to extend the length.  I stamped each of these frames using Fine Chevron background stamp.  

mosaic of thank you cardsNext, I die cut the focal panel with MFT Pierced Rectangles in smooth white card stock.  I die cut the tree from Out on a Limb die namics in smooth white.  I stamped the tree trunk from Out on a Limb stamp set using a cocoa ink.  I added some more definition and shading with copic markers.  I die cut some of the circles in gumdrop green and smooth white.  I stamped the circles with new leaf ink using coordinating images.  I die cut the green horizontal panel in gumdrop green using the new Stitched Snowdrifts die namics to mimic grass covered rolling hills. I stamped the sentiment using MFT hybrid Black Licorice ink.  I added an additional sentiment tag using Blueprints 1 stitched circle.  I punched a hole and added a hemp cord bow.  I am playing along with this week's Catered Crop Thank You Challenge!

As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty 

11 comments

  1. Beautiful!! Love all the great colors and layers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous scene and love that tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute, Betty!!! Love the colours and all the layers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet, sweet card! I love the colors, your sentiment and that amazing tree with the fun branches...you are one fabulous card maker.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just discovered your blog and your cards are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betty, It's absolutely stunning. I'm so glad you're playing with us at Catered Crop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning Betty! Love the the design and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really beautiful eye candy!! I really love how your back layers are frames rather than plain rectangles! brilliant : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.