Saturday, July 18, 2015

Happy Birthday!






Happy Saturday!  We had a thunderstorm this afternoon which brought some much needed rain.  It was a great time to get crafty.  I am popping in with a card.  I am playing along with this week's Colour Q and 
Seize the Birthday Challenges.  


For my card I decided to do a watercolor background.  I started with some watercolor paper.  I added the colors and flicked some of the colors around for a spotted affect.  I really love how it turned out.  I sat at my kitchen table and colored several different panels.  It was very calming and relaxing. 



I let the panel dry and die cut it with Blueprints 13 and used some foam mounting tape to adhere to the smooth white card base.  I die cut the feathers from gold foil card stock using MFT Feathers and Arrows die namics.



 This picture shows the sheen with the gold foiled card stock.
 I added some foam tape to the feathers and added some loose threading behind.  For the sentiment, I die cut a piece of black card stock using Blueprints 23 and embossed in white the Birthday sentiment from Whimsical Wishes stamp set.   I finished my card with a few clear sequins.  







As always thanks so much for stopping by! 

Betty

8 comments

  1. Betty.....this is one amazing card! I love what you made with this week's colors, you really made them shine! Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just amazing!
    You do the most beautiful things with paper!
    Thanks you so much for joining the Seize the birthday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic card! I adore the colours and the background sets off those gorgeous gold feathers beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great BG!! Way to get on the water colouring :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betty. This card takes my breath away! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betty this card is fantastic! Love your bold watercolored background! Thanks for taking the time to join the girls and I over at Seize the Birthday, we sure do appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great background you created. Love your card. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.