Friday, February 9, 2018

Happy Birthday Transformation





It's Friday!  I am enjoying playing along with this week's Papertrey Inks Celebrating 11 years challenges.  





This card is for Day 3: Transformation Tuesday Challenge.  The purpose of today's challenge is to redo or transform a card that you did not particularly love the first time around.  I chose to use this card of mine. 


I am not saying I hate it.  I just wanted to redo it.  It was for an inspiration challenge.  I wanted to do the watercolor background resist in hues of pinks.  Instead of the sparkly blue leaf focal point, I wanted some pink on pink florals.

Here is my card transformation.



I started with some water color paper.  I stamped the Cover Up: Quatrefoil background stamp  in versamark and white embossed.  Next, I used ranger inks to create a gradient effect with hues of pinks.  


Next, I die cut and stamped Gran's Gardens stamp set and Gran's Garden dies.  I used PTI inks in hibiscus burst, raspberry fizz, and scarlett jewel for the flowers and buds.  I used Prairie Grass ink for the leaves.  



I die cut a sentiment strip using Wine Bottle Tag #2 die.  I stamped the sentiment from Birthday Strings Mini stamp set  using black ink.  I used some foam tape to pop up the panel and attach it to a  PTI Stamper's Select white card stock card base.  I finished the card with a few clear sequins.  

I am playing along with CAS(E)ThisSketch Challenge.  



As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty

7 comments

  1. Absolutely stunning! I adore the colour pink! Tfs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty, this is beautiful! I love the bright and bold colors on this - so Spring like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty!! I love your re-do!! Such a pretty card with your white embossed Quatrefoil background, gradient of pinks and splash of green. So effective!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! I love this! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Love the background and bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betty it is beautiful! What Ranger inks did you use? Alcohol inks?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.