Thursday, April 26, 2018

A Somebody: Two Cards One Post!




Happy Thursday!  I am popping in with a couple of cards to share today.  I am guest designing again this week at Tic Tac Toe Challenge.  Thanks so much to the team for having me.  




I decided to use the row across the top.  For my card I started with some floral pattern paper from DCWV.  I layered a blush tone with random gold metallic dots across the panel to go along with The Paper Players Sketch.  


For the sentiment frame, I used the Scene It Basic Backer die and stamped the sentiment from Kindness Counts stamp set using versafine onyx black ink.  


To embellish the frame around the edges I used Corner Adorner: April Mini stamp set.  I love the images in this set.  To stamp on a circle instead of an object with a corner, I set up my stamp in my Tim Holtz Stamping Platform and rotated the circle so I could just stamp the inside distress texture without any of the edges.  I used sweet blush ink and really love this subtle added touch.  


To add some extra detailing to the sentiment panel I die cut and stamped two of the leafy sprigs from Embellished Elegance stamp set and Embellished Elegance die collection.  I used a combination of ocean tide, prairie grass, and pinefeather  inks for the leaves.  Then, I die cut and stamped one of the adorable small birds using the Blushed Birds stamp set and Blushed Birds die set.  I used pale peony, sweet blush, and cocoa bean inks.  I popped up the sentiment panel and the bird using some foam tape for added dimension.  I added the entire panel to a sweet blush card stock based die cut with the Noted:  Scallop A2 die collection.  At this point, I debated about adding some sequins, but I decided not to.   


For my second card, I am playing along with Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday Challenge.  Betsy has challenged us to do Spot Color Word dies.  I started with some Strathmore Watercolor paper.  I used my Tim Holtz Stamping Platform to stamp the cluster image  from Fresh Bouquet stamp set several times using Memento tuxedo black ink. 



Next, I die cut the word "hello" from the panel using the Wonderful Words: Hello die.  I actually die cut this word several times using stampers select white card stock and gluing all of pieces together using Tombow Mono Aqua glue for some added dimension.  The water color stamped piece I colored with my Arteza Real Brush Markers.  Love the vibrancy of these watercolor markers.


    I put all my pieces in place and added a piece of the new PTI color weathervane card stock to the top of a stampers select white card stock  base before using some foam tape to pop up my focal panel.  


I added some wink of stella to the watercolor word die as well as the other flowers(all over really) for added sparkle and shine.  I finished my card by adding a few Nuvo crystal morning dew drops.

As always thanks so much for stopping by!







7 comments

  1. Betty... love your choice of patterned paper... and the birdie is perfect! Thanks for joining us this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty, your cards always amaze me! Just WOW! The mix of patterns on your card are just gorgeous! I love the sentiment and the little birdie! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...came to look at your MIM card and was treated to two beautiful cards! LOVE the colors and DSP in your first card and of course that precious and chubby little bird...FABULOUS card Betty!! Your MIM card is also wonderful and what a great idea to cut out a few of the word die cuts to give a bit more dimension! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betty, your first card is lovely! I need that bird set! Fresh Bouquet was a good choice for the outline image on your MIM card. The "hello" in all those bright colors just pops on the panel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two fabulous cards Betty! I love the combination of background paper and details on your focal circle on the first one, especially that fat little pink bird - adorable! Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the burst of colour on that black and white background...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. O my goodness, Betty, these are STUNNING! I love the first card so much - it's beautiful in every way. And I love your take on Bety's challenge! So, so pretty! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and your sweet comments :) Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.