Saturday, January 17, 2009

His Example!!!


This card is for SCS Inspiration Challenge IC163!!!! Shout outs to Stef for finding such amazing sites to get inspiration. Here is my inspiration pictures. I love the colors and the circles. I also thought with all the circles that it would be good to used Taylor's Expression Cupcake challenge (TECC51) sketch.

I used ODBD stamp set Footprints in the Sand. Everytime I think of cool blues I think of the ocean. And, this set has the ocean sandprints and I think it is perfect with these colors. I used some MME dp 29th street collection. I did add some black for definition and to make those cool colors pop. I used retired SU French script background and stamped directly onto the twill tape. I did this in Ranger walnut stain and Adirondack pool colors. I also ran each piece across the top of my Ranger Antique linen ink pad to darken and give some depth to the pieces. I added this ink to most of the edges to offer some depth. I also sponges some onto the blue flower to soften the hue a bit. The curved rectangle dp is cuttlebugged with the script font ef to continue with the script theme. My MM flower already had the script print. Love that!!!! I finished with some jumbo eyelets, brads, and MS punches.

STAMPS
ODBD Footprints in the Sand, SU retired french script background
PAPER
The Paper Company's black and cream, MME 29th street collection
INK
Ranger walnut stain, antique linen, Adirondack pool
ACCESSORIES
Nestabilities oval petites and curved rectangles, and label one, MS punches, Prima flowers, MM flowers, jumbo eyelets, MM brads, photo corner punch, sp0onges, dimensionals, foam tape, twill

15 comments

  1. Gorgeous Card!!! By the way, I tagged your blog as one of my favorites. Steph tagged me and I am playing along with this tag game. Go see my blog and you will know what I mean. Happy Stamping!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Betty! I will definitely have to get this set. Footprints in the Sand was always one of my favorites. I have a really old stamp with this poem on it but it's small and hard to read.
    Enjoy your weekend!
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous and so calming Betty! I love the colors, wonderful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous, Betty! I love the stamped twill! Thanks for playing with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, Betty, this is awesome!! The colors are heavenly!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow really pretty loving the colors very warm & calm
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning, Betty! I really love those colors! Great job on Taylor's sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I meant to tell you I left you an award over on my blog! Feel free to play along if you like. My feelings WON'T be hurt if you don't, though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!! I love how you used that image in an oval too!!
    hugs, jami

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Wow, I love this, the colors are so soothing and cool. Just lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love this sketch Betty!!!! The colors are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card - Lovely verse! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all your cards, but I have to say that this one is my favorite!! The details and layout are just right on!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Betty, what a beautiful card and design!! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a very stunning card Betty!! I love the pieces of twill on your design!! AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.