Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge!

It is time for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge (FTTC14)! This week I am hosting the challenge. I am challenging everyone to use beads. There are all kinds of shapes and sizes as well as materials that beads come in. You can choose from the tiniest microbeads to the largest you can find to add to your card. Halfback beads count, too!!! There are glass beads, plastic beads, wooden beads, clay beads, and paper beads to name a few. So, bead it, girls!!! I cannot wait to see what you do with this one!!!

I am using the Flourishes Signs of Spring and Siberian Iris sets. I needed another Mother's Day card and this sentiment in the Siberian Iris set is perfect. I chose these bold colors because today is Cinco de Mayo and my son's 10th birthday!!!! I was thinking Mexican Fiesta with an elegant twist of sorts. I am using some kiwi kiss, tangerine tango, and riding hood red. I did throw in a pop of some yellows for the flower coloring. I watercolored the daffodil using my aquapainter and barely banana, summer sun, and pumpkin pie reinkers.

I used European Watercolor paper for my paper of choice. This is amazing watercolor paper. I also used some Memory Box dp which goes fabulously with the colors. I sponged all of my cardstock layers and frames with versamark. I do not own all of the colors and versamark creates a rich deeper hue of the cardstock. I added some Making Memories adhesive square gems in green and orange for some fun detailing which actually has some elegant flair with the ornate hardwared framing. I love these and the look.

For my bead detailing, I used a stickpin with clear beads from the pretties kit. I do not use these nearly enough. I stuck it through the ribbon coming from the tag. I really love how this card turned out considering it took me three tries. Me and inky fingers do NOT get along. Smudges drive me nuts.


Be sure to check out the other Friends of Flourishes Blog team
designers to see what they created using beads.



Stamps
Paper
kiwi kiss, tangerine tango, riding hood red cardstocks, European Watercolor paper, and Memory Box dp
Ink
Palette Noir, barely banana, summer sun, pumpkin pie, and aqua mist reinkers, versamark
Accessories
aquapainter, MM gem squares, Nestabilities, ribbon, pretties kit, foam tape, sponges



As always, thanks so much for stopping by!!!!

10 comments

  1. Beautiful Betty, love those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so pretty Betty, wonderful coloring and great daffodil!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty this is simply stunning girl!! Love the coloring on the flower and all of the other precious details!!
    --Hugs Becca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betty - that flower is just beautiful! Love the bling and your beautiful ribbon/tag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS!!! Oh - I love these awesome brads and the hat pin!!!! Perfect card - Betty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful! I love your hat pin-how gorgeous is that? Thanks for the inspiration, as I have never tried that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your daffodil! Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Betty, what a beautiful card!! I love, love, love the layout, with that triangle in the corner! Great coloring, wonderful bg dp, and the pin and ribbon are exquisite!!! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, lovin' those square gems. I just picked up a set at of these at Michael's and have been wanting to use them. Thanks for hte inspiration you always bring!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning, Betty!! LOVE this challenge..very fun, and you card...fabulous!! Those square rhinestones are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.