Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Color Challenge SC227 and BVC09!!!



This card is for today's SCS color challenge(CC227)!!! Thanks, Nancy!!! Great colors!!!


For this card I am using ODBD July releases Mother Teresa and Grow in Grace sets. I colored my Lotus flower with copics. They are lavender in color eventhough, technically, lotus flowers are supposed to be pink. Forgive me!!! I tried to stay within the color boundaries...lol!!! I did use a tad of green for my lily pads. My going gray color is pretty much the copic C1 marker I used to shadow the flower. Also, the silver metal detailing could be a gray hue, right?


I made another big gingham bow!!! I just love gingham. I added a touch of a lemon tart button from a stash that Silke(sparklegirl) sent me. Thanks, girl!!! You're the best!!!


I ran the barely banana background piece through the SU texture impressions plate twice. I sponged the entire back section with barely banana. After I colored the lotus flower section, I sponged it with barely banana and some lavender lace ink at the bottom.

If you stopped by to see my Timeless Tuesday card, that can be found here.

STAMP ODBD Mother Teresa and Grow in Grace
PAPER GP white, barely banana, lavender lace, PTI pure black
INK Palette Noir, barely banana, lavender lace
ACCESSORIES gingham ribbon, PTI lemon tart button, Cross charm, SU textured impressions elegant bouquet, white hemp cording, silver pearl domes, nestabilities

9 comments

  1. Absolutely gorgeous - Betty!!! Perfect take on today's colors!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful, Betty!! Love your purple flowers...your rocked this color challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Betty this is gorgeous! You really made the color combo work beautifully! Love the little cross charm and that great ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Betty!! Love how you used the color challenge and the fab layout!! Gorgeous Purple flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful creations,l love the images and colours you have used, stunning
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh, I'm TOTALLY LOVIN' that ribbon treatment! FANNNNNN-TASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooh I LOVE this!!!!! Fabulous colours, love the creation of the pond effect and that bow is FANTASTIC!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is STUNNING, Betty!!!!! I love every little detail...the stamps, colors, layout, coloring, ribbon...everything is FABULOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.