Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge(FTTC35)!




It is time for Flourishes Timeless Tueday Challenge(FTTC35)! It is the last Tuesday of the month so we have a Guest Challenge Host for you. Please welcome Francie Gumprecht(Francie G) as our guest challenge host! Welcome Francie and thanks so much for hosting with us! Francie is challenging us to extend our creations outside the frame. Whether your want to make a dimensional piece or use subtle cut lines, the look is to go beyond the frame you choose for your card. We cannot wait to see what you create!!!


I am using the All that Glimmers and Sleigh Ride sets. I stamped the ornaments and greenery using Momento tuxedo black ink onto Flourishes classic ivory cardstock. I colored using Flourishes Copic Color Collections in Dusty Rose, Poppy, and Water. I used versamark and clear embossed the ornaments before I cut out to adhere on top and off of the edge of the oval frame to give them some depth and shine. I am using spellbinders flourish impressabilities for background textures, label eight, and label six die cuts. I finished my card with some sheer ribbon and red kaiser pearls.

I am also using the sketch designed by Cindy at Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Another fun and fabulous sketch, Cindy!!!

I have come to the conclusion that the new SU in colors may not look all that great when blended together(...some work some do not...my humble opinion...lol!!!). However, I have been playing around with other colors that work beautifully when mixed with the new in colors. My color combo here uses Always Artichoke, ivory, and Bermuda Bay. I threw in a pop of red for fun and contrast. I actually love this combo of not so normal colors together. Of course, it really is all about ratios for me.

I do want to add that the other day I mentioned that I was going to try and come up with ways to use the tiny gold pearls that I have left on several sheets of my gold pearl domes. I tend to use the big ones mostly. However,waste not want not...hmmm. So, today's ingenious(laughing loudly) idea by me is to use the tiniest die cut from the new label six spellbinders as corner layering accents. I added a red kaiser pearl to the centers...THEN added the tiniest gold pearls to the top and the bottom of each one. I am on the fence as to whether or not I like it or not. I left them on the card because by the time I placed those tinnie tiny things on those tiny diecuts.....I was NOT about to move them....lol!!! What are your thoughts on my layered diecut accents with pearls??? Really....I want to know!!! TIA!!!



Please check out what the other blog team designers created!!

Francie Gumprecht

Silke Ledlow

Cindy Haffner

Dee Jackson

As always, thanks so much for stopping by!!! Your comments are always appreciated!!!


Stamps
Flourishes All that Glitters and Sleigh Ride
Paper
Flourishes Classic Ivory Cardstock, Always Artichoke, Bermuda Bay
Ink
Always Artichoke, Ranger Antique Linen and Fired Brick, Adirondack Pool, Momento Tuxedo Black
Accessories
Nestabilities petite ovals, label six, label eight, impressabilites, sheer ribbon, gold cording, mini bowdabra, kaiser pearls, gold pearls, foam circles, glue dots, SU texturz template, sponges, Flourishes Copic Color Collection, fiskars border punch


31 comments

  1. Your cards are beautiful. I love the inspirational verses. Is there any way to subscribe to your blog?

    Thanks
    Marthamh2@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWWWWW, Betty! That's cord-licious!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!! Great color choices (I know what you mean about the combo of the In Colors), and I'm diggin the red you popped in here as well...looks fantastic together!

    And I LOVE your pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is beautiful! Betty, this is a real show stopper! Fabulous details! Beautifully done!

    Now, you are making want this set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS, Betty! Wow, this card is absolutely breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betty - I love your sparkly Christmas card!!! Perfect take on the challenge!!! Gorgeous, gorgoeus design!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betty, this is gorgeous!!! I LOVE what you did with the ornaments!!!! And that big ole fluffy bow is right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous panel you made with those ornaments!! I love the colors, the gems in the corners and that wonderful bow!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your ornaments are beautiful, Betty!! So elegant and fancy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Betty!! This is just stunning!! Love your beautifully colored ornaments and the wonderful bright colors you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. REALLY? You REALLY want to know? Well, they are absolutely fabulous! This is a beautiful piece, and the tiny dots totally look like little ornaments when put together. I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super fabulous, Betty!! All elements & textures are combined so wonderfully together!! What a beautiful bow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Betty oh my this looks amazing!!! I LOVE all your fun details!!! Beautiful work as always girl!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another great card and the challenge was a great one this week. Fun as always. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW Betty!!!! You never fail to create a stunning card and this is no different!! Love all the texture and dimension and the colours are fantastic! Exquisite job of both challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. betty, this card is beautiful--as always!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Betty ~ How can you be "on the fence" as to whether you like this one or not? It is simply beautiful~ I adore your embellies, and the frame part...well done!! One of these days I am gonna find more time to work with Flourishes Timeless Tuesdays. I have done a couple in the past and loved it. Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. OK, I'm giving 2 thumbs up for the red and gold pearl accents on the corners! All of the layering and framing is stunning, and I really love the tiny gold beads and curly gold ties on each ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely gorgeous Betty! The embossing, ornaments and the RIBBON!!! The ribbon is GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is just exquisite Betty! WOW! LOVE the ornaments and how you made them come to life!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh I love this Betty!!! I adore these ornaments! Wish I had ordered them! Great job with the sketch and Francie's challenge!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow Betty!! I love this!! So elegant and just loaded with so many rich details!! love your colors!! Great job with the sketch and Francie's Challenge!! This card just glistens!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW, girl...this is totally FANTABULOUS!!!! My, oh my...every little detail is sooo beautiful..the colors, images, ribbon treatment, corners, papers...I love everything about this beauty, Betty!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the card and I think the tiny corners are perfect for this. I"m confused on what you did with the clear embossing and overlay? Not sure what you meant by that. This is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks so much for responding to me, couldn't find your email addy so just wanted to let you know I got the info. DUH, I never thought of that, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my goodness! This is STRIKING!!! Thanks for playing with us this week!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  27. Betty, I LOVE those tiny gold beads on those corner accents! The whole card is just stunning but I was particularly awed by that beautiful accent!!
    I agree with you about the new SU colors together (especially Bermuda Bay and Melon Mambo) but what you have put together is gorgeous! I need to stretch my color thinking muscles! (?) :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.