Saturday, January 30, 2010

Verve Merci Beaucoup!



This card is for two challenges and was inspired by two inspiration pictures.


The first is Verve's VLVFEB2010 dining room with sketch challenge photo seen here.

The second is today's SCS Inspiration Challenge(IC217) wallet photo seen here


I just thought the monkey looked so cute and decided I could combine the two looks. What resulted was my darly French Monkey! I made him a beret! Isn't he cute!


I am using Verve Accent Notes, Love Monkey, and Thankful Hearts stamp sets. I stamped my background using one of the images in the Accent Notes set in keeping with the dining room wallpaper look. I tried to keep the card with clean lines and elegant simplicity in keeping with the dining room look. As for the other inspiration wallet picture, well the monkey takes center stage. My card is predominantly cream like the wallet. Instead of going with a flower on his head, I chose to make my monkey look more French wtih the beret. The sentiment comes form the Thankful Hearts set is was just perfect for my finished look!



Stamps

Verve

Paper

PTI true black, Flourishes classic ivory, river rock

Ink

SU river rock, momento tuxedo black

Accessories

mini bowdabra, black satin ribbon, three flower punch, gold metallic dew drops, gold pearls, clear bling, copics, spellbinders borderabilities




14 comments

  1. Betty HOW CUTE!!! OH MY I LOVE this little guy!!! And your layout is fantastic I so gotta remember this one sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty, this is so stunning!!! Love the color combo and that bow, as always amazing and that wallpaper look....fabulous!!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute!! Love the combination of whimsy and elegance!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my!! How fun is this?!! Too cute, Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how fun! Beautiful and whimsical at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, I love the paper and color combo on this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS Betty!!!! LOVE how you created the BG, wonderful colours and fabulous bow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Betty! How are you?? It's been a while! This card is darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute and so elegant!!! You've made this little guy look so classy!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh, I sure love that bow and the background paper!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your little monkey is adorable, Betty, and what a beautiful layout!!! Love the silver pearls, colors, and that fabo ribbon, too!!!! You did a great job on both challenges!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your creative french monkey Betty!! What a gorgeous, gorgeous card!! The colors, borders, shapes and bow are all fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.