Sunday, March 20, 2011

Stamptacular Sunday Challenge, ODBD, and More!



Happy Sunday!  It is time for Stamptacular Sunday Challenge! This week's challenge is to let the sentiment/poem/verse/words are the main image and focus of the card!  Check out the link to find out how to play along with us! 
For my card I am using one of ODBD newly released 3rd Anniversary Scripture Collection sets.  This scriptures comes from Collection 5.  I am also using one of the Fancy Frames images designed by our very own Dawn Lusk to coordinate with the Spellbinder's Label 17! Beautiful frame detailing! 


 I combined this frame with some Webster's Pages dp.  The frame image actually has an inside dotted border, but I used that to help me line up my tiny pearl frame.  Love that!  I used the stamp a ma jig to line my scripture in the oval space.  I went with soft colors and detailing on this card.  I did find this beautiful rose that I just had to use.  I may have to hand deliver this card, though.  The rose is a bit big!  Also using the clear butterfly to comply with ODBD Stamping In Time Challenge to use clear, crystal, glass, etc.  It is also for ODBD Shining the Light Challenge to represent New Life.  I think the rose and butterfly represent those.

As always, thanks so much for stopping by!


I have also entered my card in a few other blog challenges:
Belli Challenge:  Letter "C"  (clear pink butterfly, coiled wire)
Creative Cottage: Spring Has Sprung (flower, butterfly)
Freshly Brewed:  Spots and Dots
Stampin Royalty:  Texturized
Pink Elephant:  Spring Time
Magical Monday:  Monochromatic (soft blush with neutrals)





24 comments

  1. Flowers and butterflies - doesn't get much better than that :) Love the pearls around the sentiment panel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Betty! Something about pink and black! All those pearls, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Absolutely gorgeous butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing card I love that there is so much detail Thank you for joining us at Creative Belli
    Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever way to incorporate the challenge into your creation. Thanks for sharing on the Belli challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work Betty a really pretty creation! Thanks for sharing at the creative oottage hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really beautiful! Your cards are amazing, I'm your newest follower. Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Betty, your card is BEAUTIFUL! Love the lable set and can't wait to get mine :)! Awesome idea to pearl it up...very elegant looking! The big flower on the side is another fabbo touch!Hope you enjoying the beautiful weather we had??? Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning Betty! Love the pretty papers and the Labels frame. Hope you had a wonderful weekend. :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  10. BEAUTIFUL!!!!! BREATHLESS!!!! Thanks for playing w/ Paper Cupcakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely card, thanks palying along with There's Magic In The Air tihis week
    hugs
    Ildiko

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow I love this, the colors are so perfect, love the new stamps also.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness... this is gorgeous. Absolutely stunning!

    Thank you for participating in Fresh Brewed Challenges this week! I hope you'll do so again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a gorgeous card Betty! That yellow bloom is stunning and I love your eye for detail! The pearl frame adds such a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Betty!! Stunning!! I just love your colors and how you used the frame!! The yellow flower is a gorgeous touch!! Thanks for supporting the ODBD Shining the Light challenge my friend.
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  16. A real stunning creation! Love that new frame stamp and your butterfly...flower...pearls...all gorgeous details!

    ReplyDelete
  17. you'll have to give me a minute to pick myself up off the floor here! perfection! Thanks for playing this weeks Stampin' Royalty Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing card. WOuldn't even know where to start when telling you what I like about it. LOVE it. Thanks for playing with Stampin' Royalty this week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Girl-- This is just stunning-stunning.. :) That flower looks real, and the design paper is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is beautiful betty-love all the details and especially the new frames set-thanks for sharing it with us in this weeks creative belli challenge

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning! I just get a big kick seeing you rock the Webster's Pages paper here! Love the goodies you mixed with it. That big frame and sentiment are wonderful, and I adore the rose, too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Betty, oh my goodness, girl, this is beyond GORGEOUS!! I love that huge rose...so beautiful and that fun crystal butterfly (where did you find that one? :D I so need some of those). All this beauty needs is a frame!! Love it!Thanks for supporting us over at the Shining the Light Challenge....it truly means a lot to us!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  23. How can I merely use words like gorgeous, amazing and awesome? Betty, this is so so so....beautiful with the colors, the fab rose, all the pealrs, that butterfly.......Thanks for playing in the Belli challenge with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.