Saturday, June 21, 2014

JOY! A Sketch, Color, and Inspiration!





MFTWSC181Happy Saturday!  I had a chance to play in my craft room this morning.  I am playing along with a few challenges with this card.  I am trying to get a jump on some Christmas cards, too.

I am playing along with  MFT Weekly Sketch Challenge. I am using the inspiration from Festive Friday Challenge, and the colors from Colour Me.  

I saw all the sparkle and shine in the inspiration picture and decided to use my glittered card stocks.  I started with MFT Rectangle Frame die.  I cut the largest frame.  I die cut it once in the glitter card stock and two more times in regular card stock.  I glued them together with Tombow Mono Aqua Glue which is quickly becoming my favorite liquid glue.  Love this stuff.    Next, I used some MFT sweet tooth card stock.  I inked up the BG Striped Background and stamped at an angle.  I  then used the inside frame leftover from the Frame die to cut my horizontal piece.  I stamped that with MPD Starry Christmas stamp set using the Christmas tree and repeatedly stamped it to create a starry background panel in pastel pink.  Next, I used MPD Starry Christmas die set and die cut the Christmas tree in gold glittered card stockNext, I die cut the Pierced Circle Stax with sweet tooth.  I stamped the tree using pink ink.  I layered the gold glittered die cut tree over with foam tape for some dimension.  I wanted the soft pink stamped tree to show from both sides.  I die cut the letters J-O-Y using MFT By the Letters die using some more glittered card stock.  I finished the card by decorating the tree with some sequins.

I really like how this card turned out.  Not too bulky for mailing, either. 

As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty


7 comments

  1. Oh, this is so pretty Betty! Perfect colours and the sparkle from the inspiration photo. Love your frame and JOY too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you've incorporated so many of the elements from the inspiration photo! And all that lovely sparkle! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow betty... your card is just gorgeous!! love all the glitter!! thanks so much for playing along with Colour Me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great sparkle and shine to this! I love how you have used the colours this week. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Me...! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so unexpected but gorgeous to use these colors for Christmas - way to go! So glad you joined us this week at Colour Me...!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card!! I love your take on the inspiration photo! The gold tree is fabulous!! Thanks so much for joining us at Festive Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your take on the sketch,what a fun tree! Love the stripes in the background.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.