Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Thanks!




PrintI had a few moments to get crafty this morning.  I am in Thank You card mode at this point.  I am playing along with this week's MFT Weekly Sketch Challenge and the Curtain Call.   I created a little twist of my own with the sketch and ran with the candy cane theme of the curtain call.  I just love the little pop of blue. 

Okay....after I completed my card I realized that I did not use any stamps.....huh?  I started with MFT card stock in grout gray, smooth white, electric red, and berrylicious


I  started with the grout gray card base to create the shadow background look in inspiration photo.  I used the MFT Chevron Cover Up for background.  I cut it twice using electric red and smooth white.  I filled in some of the bottom in smooth white to comply with sketch.  For the top vertical panel I used MFT Large Fancy Flourish die namics in smooth white.  I cut it to fit.  I added a thanks tag cut twice and in laid using MFT tag talk die namics.  I cut the solid die that comes in this set and glued it to the cut out berrylicious  thanks tag to have a background to glue in the white letters.  Doubling it up also makes the tag more durable.   I tied the tag on with some red/white twine and looped it around one of the flourishes to give the illusion it is hanging.  I used foam tape to attach it and pop it up.   I finished with some Verve Shine Bright Sequin Mix. 



As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty

8 comments

  1. Oh this is fabulous Betty. Love the bold chevrons and the gorgeous flourish die cut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Betty I have so enjoyed your beautiful cards and looking forward to more in 2015

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those red chevrons!! Fabulous take on the insp. photo! Wishing you a blessed Christmas ((hugs))!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card Betty! I love the design. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.. Sending Hugs & blessings :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous card. It's so bold. Have a blessed Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this color combo and that blue tag Betty. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovin' all the diecutting! Such a fun card!
    Thanks for joining us at Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So so beautiful and that red is so striking. I really love what you did. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.