Thursday, January 1, 2015

Sending Smiles and Birthday Wishes!





Happy New Year!  I have two cards to share today!  For the first card I am playing along with Just Us Girls photo week challenge and Seize the Birthday.  I love the colors, polka dots, and overall design of the inspiration photo.  



I am using MFT Stamps products unless otherwise noted.  

For my card I am using MFT  smooth white, bubblegum, and steel gray card stock.  The smooth white panel was die cut with Jumbo Dots Cover Up.  I cut it using bubble gum and steel gray and filled in the dots.  I die cut the focal image using Pierced Oval Stax.   I stamped Birthday Chalkboard Greetings using Smooth White Pigment ink.  I heat embossed with white ep.  I ink distressed the edges with both Versamark and smooth white pigment ink.  I finished the card with a silver cord bow and button.   


PrintFor my second card I am playing along with this week's MFT Weekly Sketch Challenge and Fusion Card Challenge.  

I am using MFT Stamps products unless otherwise noted.  For my card I am using smooth white, cotton candy, kraft, and licorice black card stocks.  I die cut the kraft frame using Rectangle Frames die namics.  I stamped the frame using the Woodgrain background stamp in premium natural ink.  I cut a background slightly larger and stamped it using smooth white pigment ink with the pattern triangles background stamp and glued to the back of the frame. 

I used the Horizontal Strips die namics to cut the sentiment strip. I stamped it using You've Got Mail stamp set in smooth white pigment ink.  I white embossed it.  I white ink distressed it a bit to comply with the inspiration chalkboard style. I used Distressed Hearts stamp set to stamp the distressed circle onto the Distressed Hearts Frame die namics.  I used smooth white pigment ink and white embossed.  I cut a section of the circle out and tucked it in behind the sentiment strip to comply with sketch.  I added a few Verve sequins to finish it off.  For the top corner portion I used Blueprints 11 and Blueprints 16 to create the little banner and to comply with sketch.  The tiny hearts came from the die in Blueprints 11.  Aren't they too cute!   I layered and inked distressed.  I also used some hemp cord knotted at the ends.   

As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty

22 comments

  1. You nailed our challenge this week Betty! Love your card and the bold sentiment as a focal point! Really super job! Happy New year and thanks for joining us at JUGS!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two super fun cards. I just love seeing what you do with MFT products.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job with the inspiration photo! Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards I love that Birthday Wishes sentiment <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. That first card is just too fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these are fabulous. Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool using that jumbo dot die. Love it! Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What super fun cards!!!! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. such FAB cards and i especially love your take on the FUSION anniversary challenge! awesome! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those inlaid circles! Thanks for joining in with JUGS! Happy New Year too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun cards Betty. I love the how girly the first one is, love that color combo and the second one, I love how your sentiment panel goes through your circle. Love that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun and clever design...I love your color selection and the circles staying inside the holes...perfect party card! Thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ADORE this design Betty!!! Delicious pinks! Thanks for joining FUSION!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your woodgrain frame and that fun little banner ... so glad you joined us at Fusion Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love both of these cards, Betty! The polka dots are just so much fun and and I love all of the details that you added to the Smiles card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very unique take on this sketch. I really love the banner in the corner and the circled added to the sentiment strip. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty and I love those fabulous jumbo dots and in such pretty colors too. Both cards are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great cards, both of them - love your colour scheme - the pink works so well! Thanks so much for joining us for our birthday challenge at FUSION! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG! Love love love that white on kraft background and chalkboard stamping!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.