Saturday, January 23, 2016

Thinking of You!




Happy Saturday!  I have a card to share!   We have a mixture of snow and ice here in North Carolina.  We managed to get some snow on top of the ice pellets from yesterday.  I know it is not anywhere close to as bad as it is in some places, for that I am very thankful.  Since I am forced to stay inside, I had some time to get crafty! 





I decided I needed to stamp something that makes me think of warmer weather.  I am playing along with this week's ColourQ Challenge.  I sponged the white panel in a warm yellow.  I stamped the flowers from PTI Flower Favorites using a MISTI so I could get perfect placement and use two different colors.  I stamped the leaves in kraft to comply with the color challenge.  I finished with a Tag Its Quilted die sentiment strip and white embossed a sentiment from PTI Vintage Picnic Sentiments set. 




I added some foam tape to the card panel, flowers, and sentiment strip.  I finished the card with some loose threading and a few clear sequins. I am using the sketch from CAS(E)this Sketch.  I am playing along with Addicted to Stamps: Make Your Mark Challenge!  I sponged the background!







As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty 

10 comments

  1. Oh, this is gorgeous, Betty! I love the inked background! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Betty! Great use of the sketch and the CQC colors...thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Betty! Your card is beautiful! Love your interpretation of the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. I love the soft yellow background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! the yellow sponging in the background draws all the attention to the focal point. Thanks for joining us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super pretty! I LOVE that background! Great combo of challenges.
    Thanks for sharing it over at Addicted To Stamps & More!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this!!!! Thank you for joining us at ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just so beautiful Betty! Thanks so much for playing along with us at ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.