Monday, July 10, 2017

Day 4 - Verve's July Release Spotlight Hops!




Welcome back to Day 4 of Verve's July Release Spotlight Hops!  It's an exciting day as there's new Verve in the store this morning! Three beautiful new sets and coordinating die sets just released and they're all available in the shop right now. To celebrate our new release, we're putting on another blog hop with a fabulous giveaway!

Today's featured focus is designer's choice, so you might just sneak a peek at a whole bunch of must-haves!

                If you got here from  Maureen's blog you are in the right place!




I chose to use the new Always Time stamp set and coordinating Kettle Time Die Set.   I just love the "Relax and Enjoy" sentiment since it is summertime and I am out of school.  While a lot of these sets focus on coffee,  not all coffees are hot!  To me nothing says relaxation like a body of cool refreshing water with and a decaf iced cold flavored coffee in hand.


I chose to use watercolor smooshing technique.  I chose shades of blue for my card to focus on cool refreshing water.  I heat embossed the sentiment in white.  I added the stamped and die cut coffee mugs at the bottom.


I popped everything up onto a scored background that I added direct to paper some versamark swipes for some added dimension.  I finished my card with some clear sequins.


Want to win some shiny new Verve? Today's prize is a BIG one. We'll be picking a random commenter on one of the hop spots below to win our ENTIRE new release! So be sure to leave a little comment on all the blogs below to increase your chances! Check out the Verve Blog today for the full hop list and all the prize info and deadlines!
Always TimeKettle Time Die Set
Happiness IsHappiness in a Cup Die Set
Fill My Cup

Day 3 Hop List
1. Julee7. Teresa
2. Kathy (Guest)8. Maureen
3. Sheri (Guest)9. Betty
4. Wanda (Guest)10. Christyne
5. Charmaine11. Laurie
6. Marisa12. Lesley
Next on the hop is  Christyne!

As always thanks so much for hopping by!

Betty

45 comments

  1. I'm with you, Betty! I love iced coffee! The way you created the background, and the watercolored oval panel really bring this card to the next level! Love, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOohhhh, wauw.....what a gorgeous looking card...in my favorite colour ;o)
    Like it a lot Betty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just swimming in those gorgeous tones of blue...your card has the feeling of relaxation! Love the sentiment and your beautiful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing like relaxing and enjoying! I enjoyed your card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful splashes of blue! Love your card.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cool and refreshing watercolor card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betty your card today is just Fab! Looks out of this world.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very clever design and beautiful w/c techniques. I love
    the cute cups with the scallops, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a stunner for sure! Love it Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So unusual and stylish - love this card:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Coffee around the world.
    Fantastic card.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool, cool summer blues!! LOVE this wonderful splashy card! Perfect background with the subtle panels, too. Fabulous card!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Funky and fresh! A fantastic card!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful, Betty! Love that bright blue and I drink my coffee cold most of the year. In the summertime on purpose and in the winter time because the boys always distract me before I finish my cup! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card! Love the technique.

    ReplyDelete
  16. An exciting card with the watercolor and pretty blues. Also love the paper and touch of sequins at bottom. So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a super fun background!
    I love the monochromatic blue
    for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Betty, that beautiful blue with the white EP is amazing. It certainly showcases the cups and sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oooh, this gorgeous background is like a dip in the pool! Love the brilliant blues and heat embossed sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like the watercolor smooshing on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful card, Betty! Love the watercoloring!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the background! So refreshing in blue.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely card. I love the background you did and the smooshing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wowza, the background looks like the world. A cup of ☕️ means 🌎,

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, such a gorgeous, vibrant background! Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous card. That background is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Something about those blues says relax! Nice job

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the soothing blue colors and of course the stamps are a slamdunk!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This card is SO striking -- your smooshing is amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ok, so this card is making me so happy!!!! Thanks so much for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a beautiful idea. Love the design and color.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful design, love that inky blue background 💙

    ReplyDelete
  33. Awesome background for those cute cups!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wonderful new release - YAY! Fabulous card, love all the blue.

    ReplyDelete
  35. wooow
    the blue splatter in the middle is stunning
    and cute little cup
    lovely blue card

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great card! Love your watercoloring!

    ReplyDelete
  37. WOW! The blue color is fantastic! I love the "dancing" coffee cups!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Gorgeous card...love all the beautiful blue.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.