Monday, August 14, 2017

Happy 80th Birthday!



Happy Monday!  I am popping in here with a card to share.  Today is my mom's birthday!  My mom is 80 years young today!   I needed a card for her.  I figure to reach such an important milestone that it should be proudly displayed.  

I am playing along with Papertrey Inks Create Along With Us Challenge.   I really love this card from Stephanie Gold.



I love the layout and the different elements on Stephanie's card.  I chose to follow the same layout and look varying the colors and stamps as needed.   The traditional colors for 80th Birthdays are gold and black.  I started with  harvest gold chicken scratch gingham pattern paper for the background.  


I used a paper heart doily from a pack from my stash.  I layered a gold foiled Mix and Mat Pretty Bracket Frames die.  I die cut the By the Numbers in black and used foam tape to pop them up. 




  I used one of the dies from Fabulous Frames for the sentiment.  I stamped the sentiment from the Friendly Flowers stamp set in versamark.  I tied true black twine to the card and tag.  I finished my card with a few clear sequins.


Here is a picture of my beautiful mom!

Happy 80th Birthday, Mom!

As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty

9 comments

  1. Love your take on Stephanie's card! The gold die-cut background is just perfect behind the "80." Happy Birthday to your Mom! She looks wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Say `happy birthday´ to your Mom from me :-) She Looks great and so does your Card. You`re absolutely right, her age should be proudly displayed and you did that most beatifully. Have a great pary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful card for a beautiful lady! Happy Birthday to your sweet mom. Your card is stunning as always Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mom will love it. The gold lattice is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card for your beautiful Mom! Happy 80 to her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely, lovely card Betty, and a prefect re-creation of Stephanie's card! And a very happy 80th to your mom!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mom will love this! It's simply lovely. And I have to say, she doesn't look 80!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 80th birthday to your mom! Beautiful card and a beautiful lady!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the gold accents and great card for a special lady!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.