Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hello Chica


Wow!!!! I am late getting this challenge in today. The picture is a little dark, too. It was already dark when I finished. This is for SCS Ways to Use it Challenge. I love this kissable tree stamp from Cornish Heritage Farms. It is truly kissable which I did here with the Daisy Chain scrapblock. Love the curly cue branches...so perfect for a touch of bling. I added the white gel detailing in the corners, but if I were to redo this card, I would have left the dots to just the sentiment oval. I think the corners need something else. I paper pieced these cute little birdies.
Stamps CHF Kissable Tree, MochaChica, and The Landing Pad, and Daisy Chain Scrapblock
Ink Adirondack Lettuce, Palette Noir, SU Pixie Pink
Cardstock SU Kiwi Kiss, Prism Papers Razzleberry Light, GP white, SU pretty in pink and so saffron retired dp
Accessories Oval petite nesties, white grosgrain ribbon, dew drops, clear gems, dimensionals, black sharpie, CB EF, Inkssentials white pen, large SU oval punch
Technique Paper Piecing and Kissing
I had a very busy day. My son got his braces off today. I was so amazed at how pretty and straight his teeth are now. We had to go to the orthodontist twice, though. Once to get the braces off and once for the retainer fitting. Needless to say, he was absent from school the whole day. There was no other way to work it. I also had to take him to pick up his new glasses. Then, we had lunch. By the time we got home, it was time to do my high school carpooling. By the time I finally got to my craftroom today, it was LATE. Then, someone actually mentioned...when dinner would be ready?

8 comments

  1. Wow, Betty, nice blog! Congratulations on taking the plunge! I haven't been posting on SCS lately, so it is quite by chance I found this! Your work is beautiful, I am putting you in my favs so I can see what other pretty things you come up with!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just found your blog....congrats!

    i will definitely be coming back all the time to see you!

    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Betty! Love the popped up birds and your added dew drops...beautiful...as always ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Betty! Had to come check it out after reading about you starting it up. Love it! This is an adorable card! Hope you are having a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey lady!! So glad you have a blog now, the better to stalk you with my dear!! LOL!! Congrats girlfriend!! You know I love your work!!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, this is way too cute and oh so perfect for my latin girlfriend whose e-mail address is chica. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.