Saturday, October 25, 2008

Give Thanks


This card is for SCS Inspiration Challenge IC151 and Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge WSC63. Thanks for the inspiration Stef and Beate!!!!

It has been been rainy here all day so getting a picture has been difficult. I may edit the photo later. I had this idea in my head about what I wanted to do with this card. Of course, I have had to modify my initial ideas to get to the finish product. I love the horizontal slat wall in the inspiration picture, so I tried to recreate that look with my fiskars and stylus.. In some places the score lines do not go all the way to the edge. Then I swiped the chocolate chip ink pad across to create some texture and depth as well as highlight my score lines. The center panel was stamped with stitched bg stamp in regal rose then run through the swiss dot cuttlebug. The tag is a stash of precut SU dies that found since I started a clean and purge task in my craftroom. I am trying to incorporate some stored stuff into my cardmaking.

STAMPS: Together Forever, Happy Harmony

CARDSTOCK: chocolate chip, certainly celery, regal rose, gp white, so saffron

INK: chocolate chip, certainly celery, regal rose, so saffron

ACCESSORIES: Circle nesties, sponges, three 4 you flower punch, SU scalloped edge punch, MM glitz brads, mini white brads, sponges, stylus, MS checkerboard punch, MS butterfly punch, mini gem, 1/4" cc twill ribbon, silver cording, SU tag from retired package, foam tape and dimensionals.

2 comments

  1. Oh, my, Betty, your card is sooo gorgeous!!! I love how you did the background layers and the colors and embellies are fabulous!!! You sure do know how to do elegant, girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful Betty, I love the way you popped the flowers up on the circular panel. Your background layers are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.