Friday, August 21, 2009

Three MOJOs with Verve completed!!! WooHoo!!!

My first Verve order ever arrived in the mail yesterday. It came fast!!! I am blogging the first three of the Mojo100 sketches together!!! So, this post is quite long.

This card is for yesterday's WT232 and Mojo100 sketch challenge. Okay, I just have to say that I searched for what seemed like forever for something fuzzy. All I could find were dust bunnies and some lint. LOL!!! No, I did find some silk vellour flowers from a flower arrangement I put out at Christmas. I layered two of the flowers. I am not sure I am going to keep the fuzzies on the card, though.

I won a Verve stamp set from playing in all of their Anniversary sketch challenges last week. I chose as my FREE set the Bountiful Backgrounds. If you know me, you know I have a thing for background stamps. I did NOT use any designer paper in the making of this card. The top and bottom panels were stamped and sponged. The bordeaux ink blended with the ranger antique linen. It was not expected, but I loved the results.

One of the sets I purchased from Verve is called Enjoy. This is the coolest set!!! This flower which looks like an Iris can also be a butterfly!!! Love that!!! I stamped the solid image, stamped off, then rocked and roll to make the edges darker, I then stamped the outline stamp in same hue. Cut out and added to my card. I finished with some bling!!!

Stamps
Verve Bountiful Backgrounds, Enjoy
Paper
GP white, raspberry tart, soft suede
Ink
Bordeaux, soft suede, ranger antique linen
Accessories
Fuzzy flowers, nestabilities, bling, sponges, foam squares, glue dots, silver cording


Blossom!



This card is for MojoMonday's Anniversary Sketch Challenges. This is for Tuesday's Sketch Mojomaria. This card is also for Sharon's ssnotime101 polka challenge.

I am using Verve sets Kindred Spirits for my background panel and Budding Blossoms for the flower. The sentiment is called To Risk Plain Jane.

For this card, I stamped the fleur de lis background stamp using versamark onto the dark chocolate cardstock. I used the single stem from the Budding Blossoms and only inked up one side of one of the duo flowers. I stamped it directly above the stem. I also stamped another one, colored it with copics, cut it out, edges with permanent black marker and attached to card for a little touch of dimension. I used a cb ef for some texture and added my ribbon to complete. I will say I took alittle bit of liberties with this sketch.

Stamps
Verve Kindred Spirits, Budding Blossoms, To Risk Plain Jane
Paper
GP white, dark chocolate, ripe avocado, spring moss
Ink
spring moss, versamark, ripe avocado, dark chocolate
Accessories
nestabilities, pearls, sponges, foam squares, glue dots, EK success border punch, cuttlebug ef, satin ribbon, slot punch, copics




Sending Smiles!





This card is for today's LSC234!!! Thanks, Judy for a great challenge. My dd needed a Birthday card for a male friend of hers at school. Today for the LSC we could not use flowers, ribbons, or bling!!! In other words....nothing girly because we have to make a masculine card.This card is for MojoMonday's Anniversary Sketch Challenges.

This is for Wednesday's Sketch Mojoteresa. I won a Verve stamp set from playing in all of their Anniversary sketch challenges last week. This card is also for Sharon's ssnotime101 polka challenge.

For this card, I chose a masculine color scheme and went from there. I stamped the right side dotted pattern from the Bountiful Backgrounds using spring moss ink onto spring moss cardstock. I stamped the smallest damask image from Kindred Spirits into the corners of the white layer to work with the peaks of the inverted circle spellbinders. I thought this particular Fiskars border punched mimic the peaks and valleys of the diecut and corner stamped image.

For the botanical image, I inked up the whole stamp with ripe avocado and used my enchanted evening cube to ink the little wheat stalks? Not sure what those are. Love the image, though. I stamped it. I colored in the image with copics. I sponged stenciled alittle inside the circle of the focal image to soften it a bit.

I finished with some silver pearls...which are more like silver brads and not girly girly at all eventhough they have pearls in the name...lol!!!


Stamps
Verve Kindred Spirits, Budding Blossoms, Bountiful Backgrounds, Thoughtful Florals
Paper
GP white, enchanted evening, ripe avocado, spring moss
Ink
spring moss, enchanted evening, ripe avocado, spring moss
Accessories
nestabilities, silver domes, sponges, foam squares, glue dots, fiskars border punch, copics





14 comments

  1. Betty all three cards are gorgeous!! You ROCK!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWZA, Betty! You are amazing!! All three cards are just outstanding!! Can't even say which is my favorite...I love all three!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty these are all beautiful! WOnderful colors on each one! Glad you are enjoying your new stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, Betty!!! They are all just GORGEOUS! I'm so glad you decided to try out Verve!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness. Betty....the cards are beyond amazing. Absolutely stunning! You so sold me on the new sets! I so need them all.
    Have a great weekend
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOOHOO Betty these are BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous take on all three Sketch Betty!!! You rocked your new Stamp Set's!!! Now I regret not buying the BG-Set - LOL!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous, Betty....each one has such fabulous details, colors, designs...my word!!!!! You made those stamps stand up and sing, gf!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowzers Betty!! These color combos and cards are incredible!!! I love all your details and designs!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl, I don't even know where to begin!! Each card is absolutely FABULOUS!! LOVE the colors and bg's you used for the first!! And your rock-n-rolled butterfly is gorgeous!! Then there's the flower!! WOW!!

    The second is so classy and elegant!! And again, such yummy colors!!

    And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the corners on your white square panel!! That double fluer de lis is perfect!! Clever and gorgeous!!

    You ROCKED these sketches Betty!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are all so beautiful it would be impossible to pick a favorite. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so glad you received these sets, Betty! I think they unleashed a budding creativity in each of these beauties...you did amazing work!! Just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness! It must take you forever to get all of these cards so beautiful and perfect! Love them all! Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.