Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Parade of VLVAUG sketches with a Twist!



I added this card in with a post from the other day. However, since I was able to complete all of the VLV challenges for August, I decided to post all of the them in one post.

I made this card for the Viva la Verve challenges that I just found out about. Not sure I can do all four for August, but here is VLVAug01, at least. Thanks, Amber for a great challenge. We were to case a Verve Diva. The Twist...if the card uses dp, we could not and vice versa. Well, I chose Laurie's(lauraly) card here.

Laurie uses dp so I set out to stamp my OWN dp using the few Verve sets I own to mimic Laurie's look. I used
Kindred Spirits for the top background portion and I used Bountiful Backgrounds the vertical lines one double stamped for the vertical line look of paper that Laurie chose.

I used the newly released To Risk Plain Jane as well as the Enjoy sets as well. I used the image as a butterfly. I did add a paper flower because I do not own the Verve flower Laurie used which is why I topped it with a butterfly image. I did opt for gold pearls and no charm just because I did not want to case exactly. Laurie actually used a sewing maching for her card..wow, I faux stitched mine.

Stamps Verve Bountiful Backgrounds, Kindred Spirits, To Risk, Enjoy Paper PTIdark chocolate, ocean tides, vintage creamInkdark chocolate, ocean tides, spring moss, SU close to cocoa, ranger antique linen, walnut stain Accessories nestabilities, sponges, MS twill ribbon flower?, black permanent fine tip marker, piercing mat, border punch(Target), gold pearls, foam tape, glue dots




You're the Best!




After a busy day of clothes shopping with the kids, there is nothing like stamping to release the stress. LOL!! I decided to create a card for the Verve Sketch Challenges. This one is for VLVAUG02. The twist was to use border punches in addition to the sketch.I am using dark chocolate and sweet blush.
I am using Verve Kindred Spirits and Bountiful Backgrounds sets. I stamped the fleur de lis image using versamark for the background. I used a cuttlebug embossing folder for the other background panels. I added ribbon and few few gold pearls. For the twist, I added the border punch detailing at the top and bottom of the background panel.
Stamps
Verve Kindred Spirits and Bountiful Backgrounds
Paper
dark chocolate, sweet blush, vintage cream
Ink
dark chocolate, versamark, sweet blush
Accessories
foam squares, MS border punch, cb ef, glue dots, chocolate chip satin ribbon, sponges



Simply Amazing!

This card is for the Verve VLVAUG03 challenge! I cannot believe I have completed three. Woohoo!!!The twist to this sketch is to add a tag. I did not know if the smaller circle was part of the sketch or the tag. I added a small tag to be sure. LOL!!! I did not want to add anything really to the tag so I just added two tiny MS butterfly punches.
I think it is cute and alittle whimsical.For this card I am using Verve Bountiful Backgrounds. entire yellow background was stamped in versamark and white embossed with the dotted image from this set. I then sponge over the whole thing in some sunflower ink.
My simply amazing sentiment comes for this set as well. I am also using Budding Blossoms set. For this particular flower that comes in this set, I actually inked the base with the ripe avocado ink holding the ink pad so I just touched the part I wanted inked. I did the same for the flower using scarlet jewel.
Stamps
Verve Bountiful Backgrounds, Budding Blossoms
Paper
PTI ripe avocado, lemon tart, scarlet jewel
Ink
PTI ripe avocado, sunflower, scarlet jewel
Accessories
Nestabilities, MS butterfly punch, Fiskars border punch, white ep, cuttlebug ef, sponges, foam squares, glue dots, versamark, scarlet jewel satin ribbon, gold pearls, gold cording, SU precut tag(retired)



You Brighten My Day!




This card is for today's color challenge(CC233). Thanks, Peggy for a fabulous color combo. I love everything kraft lately. This card is also for the Verve monthly sketch challenges with a twist. We are to use our favorite colors. Well, chocolate chip, kraft, red, and cream are in my tops(VLVAUG04).
I am using Verve Budding Blossoms stamp set and Thoughtful Florals for the sentiment. I did add a touch of some ripe avocado ink then I rocked and rolled some dark chocolate onto the edges to soften the look. I stamped the kraft background panel with vintage cream using the SU en francaise bg. I let it dry and sponged the edges with some dark chocolate. These colors are making me think of chocolate covered cherries. Oh, dear!!! I added a few gold pearls for accents and a sentiment.
Stamps
Verve Budding Blossoms and Thoughtful Florals, and SU En Francaise
Paper
PTI kraft, dark chocolate, pure poppy, vintage cream
Ink
PTI dark chocolate, pure poppy, vintage cream, ripe avocade
Accessories
SU 1/4" circle punch, gold pearls, nestabilities, cb ef, sponges, glue dots, foam squares, EK Success border punch



20 comments

  1. Oh my goodness, Betty, all of your cards, yes, all 4 of them, are absolutely stunning!!!!! WOW, I am drooling over these BEAUTIES!!!!! No, really, before I come over to your blog I need to put a bib on :D:D. WOW, breathtaking! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous as usual Betty! I don't know how you ever let go of any of your cards...they are all amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Betty!! You mimiced Laurie's card to a T!! I saw the thumbnail in my google reader and thought that it was a Laurie creation! Beautiful colors Betty and I love the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful cards, Betty! I have them copied on my disc and I will be casing them all! Just gorgeous work...and NO surprise!! I always love your work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh girl these are all amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Betty! I have found your blog very recently. I love, love your cards and your colors!! Your job is really an inspiration! I want you to know that I have nominated you for a Beautiful Award, for being one of my 5 favorite card artists. Edith:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are so gorgeous it is a wonderful experience to look at them! LOVE these!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my...so much eye candy to drool over...hey, Sabrina, loan me your bib! These are just so elegant and totally over the top beautiful, Betty! Love your DP!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWWW - Betty - you stamped your little heart out :)!!! I think Julee designed these Set's especially for you - LOL!!! Each and every card is super gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a group of amazing designs, Betty....I am sooo in awe of your AWESOME talent!!!!! Each one is absolutely gorgeous and perfect in every way....you made those wonderful stamps shine, girlfriend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowzer Betty!! What a group of stunning creations each and every one!!! You are d bomb girl!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  12. Betty, these are all stunning girl!! You have been busy!
    --Hugs Becca

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, you've been very busy! These challenge cards are just GORGEOUS! All are simply magnificent! There is something about that sweet blush and chocolate card that just blew me away! I LOVE the soft, warm colors! Beautiful job on all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Betty! Thanks for the nice comment on my blog. I am completely blown away by the beauty of each and every card on your blog. One is more gorgeous than the next. You are amazingly talented!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! Those are absolutely amazing, Betty! Truly gorgeous cards. How do you make each one so stunning? They just get better with each card!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Betty :) WOW... this is my first time visiting here and I'm bowled over by your creative talent here!! :) LOVE all these gorgeous cards!! You definately have a way with those beautiful border punches, color combos and embies. Love each and every one of them. :) THANKS for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Seriously, girl, WOWWWWWWW with a capital W!! These are awesome, YOU'RE awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Betty! Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I appreciated your lovely comment.
    I've just browsed your blog and have been so impressed with your amazing works!! You are awesome!

    torico XX

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello! I've found you from Splitcoast's Verve's forum! I love your cards! You really have an eye for colour and details...just gorgeous. I've given you an award on my blog, although, now that I've scrolled down your blog, you already have the Kreativ blogger one...however there is a second one on my blog as well (I combined a couple!) So glad to have been here...am going to follow now :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.