Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge(FTTC73) ,CC277(three looks), and C4C43!


It is time for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge(FTTC73) ! It is the last Tuesday of the month so we have a challenge host. This month's host is Cindy Coutt's. Cindy is giving us a fruit inspired challenge. You can actually create a card with fruits, use fruity colors, or be inspired by fruit shapes. It will be a cool and refreshing sweet treat whichever choice you decide. We look forward to seeing what you create.

This card is also for today's SCS Color Combo Challenge(CC277)!  It is all about Curry Bay Durangos!  Check out the link to find out the dessert option, too!

For my card I am using Flourishes newly release set called Life Lines.  For the fruity challenge I combined some fruity colors, used some fruity shapes, patterns, and textures.  I also, created many layers with a label look for fruit sold in jars.  In addition, I also used a sentiment that better expresses that even fruits have their season to rippen!

 *******************I  edited this section in because I decided to share the time I had with this card with you all!  LOL!  *********************************************

Here are the two cards I made and could not decide if I liked or not.  The first one....I used the Gerber Daisies set stamped onto crushed curry pattern paper in versamark and clear embossed.  I then used some Ranger Tea Dyed to bring out the shape of the flowers a bit.  I used clear cardstock to stamp my sentiment from Life Lines.  After it was done, I really thought it did not look all bad.  However, the focal image did not look like the color challenge colors.  So, I redid it.  
This card uses the same set and same gerber daisies set, but instead of clear embossing I embossed the flower image in white. I then used the same clear panel from the above card. For this one, I did not particularly like the contrast of the white with the ivory cardstock. The contrast is more noticeable IRL.  I thought it was too harsh looking for me. Also, after I took the picture and saw it on the screen, the clear sentiment section looks crooked. It may just be the alignment with the flower, but I went back to my table and redid it again. Hence, the top card was born.


 In all honesty, I do not like any of them.  However, it was too late to continue with the switcheroo game so I went with the last one.   Just sharing with you all that stamping and creating is truly a process.  I probably should have stayed with the first one and left it at that.  Oh, well.  Live and Learn!  LOL! Just curious...which one do you like?  I would like to add that these two cards I used the sketch from Crazy 4 Challenges(C4C43).





Check out the other blog team designers to see what they created with the fruity challenge! 





21 comments

  1. Love this colors combination, layout and designer paper. It all works so beautifully together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! These colors are fabulously fruity and delicious! Love how colorful and happy it is! Beautiful, Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful summery colours. Just what we need, it`s raining in the UK today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you always make the color challenge look so easy-this card works those colors so well-nice work on both challenges

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betty - it does not matter what color combo you come up with - you always make an incredible card! Thanks for sharing this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an awesome card Betty. Love the layers and shapes, not to mention that's a tough color combination you pulled off too, but you made it work! Thanks for having me this week. I really appreciate the kind gesture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betty, I love your take on the challenge...so fabulous!! Love the fruity & summery color combination! I totally got the lemon shape for the main mat ;)
    The other 2 cards are definitely deserved to be shared! They are all beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Betty love love your take on the challenge~!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think they're all fabulous, Betty! I really love the first one and definitely see the "fruit" theme. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad even the "pros" have days like most of mine LOL! I think I like the second one best. Was fun to walk through your process - thanks for sharing it with us. You've layered your nesties on the final version fabulously as always.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Betty both of your cards are beautiful!!! The colors are once again fab!!! Couldn't tell you had any problems making these beauties :)!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  12. 3 beautiful cards as far as I can see Betty! I know the trials we all go through in getting it all just right to our minds eye however. This was a very interesting color challenge!

    just a note: the pink color on your text here is very hard on my eyes and I almost cannot see the orange/peach at all - maybe you could use a darker color???!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing all your versions with us...they're all great (even though you chose crushed curry - lol!).

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had to laugh at your comments...sry...but Betty...Puleez...You are one of the most talented artists in this paper craft arena ever!! I just love all of these different cards...colors and designs...heck girl you are a design team member for some of the BEST teams ever! Do Not Put me in a Mood girl!!! Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful layers, colors and details!! Your cards are always always FABULOSO!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, this is amazing. Love the bright colors and all those glorious layers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like them all.. I wish just one of my cards would turn out this bad..LOL.. They are all great.. These colors are tough and you did a super job with them.. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  18. THX for sharing that you have days where things don't seem to fit together. Gives the rest of us hope!! I love the one you poated...the swiss dots on the tag really threw me.....I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Betty, thanks for sharing your process! I think they all have great elements to them, can understand why you chose #3, I really like the depth the the elements on this one... and I like the white embossing on #2 too...

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW! All three were fabulous! Funny how what we see is different than what you do! See you in a week - I am on vaca~~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.