Thursday, June 3, 2010

Stamping In Time Challenge(SNTODBD11) and QFTD11!




It is time for Stamping In Time Challenge(SNTODBD11)! This week, Angella Crockett, one of the ODBD Bread Basket Designers is hosting. Angie is challenging us to "create a scene." Now, you can use any of ODBD scene stamps or combine other ODBD images and scriptures with designer papers and create your own scene! Important thing is to have fun "making a scene!" We would love to see what scene you create!

This card is also for SCS Queen for the Day Challenge(QFTD11)!  This week we are honoring Grace Nywening.  Since Grace is the fearless Design Team Coordinator at ODBD, I thought it fitting to case her card here with this challenge!  Congratulations, Grace!

For my card I am using ODBD Mother Teresa set. The Lotus image that comes in this set is the National flower of India where Mother Teresa served. This set comes with wonderful quotes by Mother Teresa.  I thought the lotus waterlily image on the water  creates a very peaceful, tranquil water scene. I colored with copic markers.  Lately, I have been practicing coloring white flowers.  I think this is hard to do.  It is still a work in progress.  While the cardstock is white, it is still a bit tricky for me since there is no white ink and I want to cover up all the white space....lol!    I am using Basicgray dp and Spellbinders Nestabilities.  I finished my card with some satin ribbon, silver pearls, and button with silver dew drop.  Check out the other designers to see what they created with the "make a scene" challenge. 

Sabrina

Chrissy
Angie




As always, thanks so much for stopping by!

25 comments

  1. Beautiful Betty, wonderful layout, layers and colors sweetie..Gorgeous work as always gf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Betty! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful this lotus or water lily flower is, Betty! I love your layers, and that fabulous ribbon! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful Betty!!! I love your waterlily card!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Betty! I love the coloring of your lily pad. I was just thinking how nice it would be to lay a blanket down for some quiet time near the river day! Thanks for sharing your BEAUTIFUL card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betty, oh my goodness, this is such a wonderful card!!! Love it!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling card, Betty. Love the multi-layered bow. Wonderfully coloured image and your lily is lovely. Funny...you like to cover up white space and I love having lots of it :D Great card :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Betty this card is beautiful in all ways.. oh my goodness Grace is going to love this one.. she is such a soft sweet person.. and she will love that you made this for her... Your colors are wonderful and the white lotus is really painted wonderfully... it is hard to paint white flowers... but you made it look effortlessly easy here... great card... your papers are super for this one too..

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card Betty! Love the bowe =)

    Hugs, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, Betty...what an absolutely gorgeous image and coloring...it just glows!!!! I love the new BG paper, too, and the bow is FABO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love water lilies, always so sweet and pretty. Lovely card, Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Betty, thanks for letting me help out with this week's SNT!! It was a blast! Your card is gorgeous! Wow, your coloring is amazing!! God Bless, GF!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Betty, you should 'make a scene' more often - LOL! This is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is such a gorgeous card betty-love your lotus blossom

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is so delicate and elegant!I LOVE(!!) it!
    Janne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just lovely.... a very "nice" way to create a scene, no screaming from you!!! LOL!!!

    Love that the panel work is deep in colour, really makes the flower panel pop!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your great papers on this Betty! what lovely colors - and that water lilly is super!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful, Betty! Fabulous coloring! Love your design and all those layers!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Betty ~ Thia is stunning! You hav captured the very best of this image and decorated it with the best of love :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This card is so beautiful! Fabulous design!
    Hanne

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your cards are always spectacular and full of wonderful detail!! This one is no exception!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.