Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Artsy Watercolored Hydrangeas with MIM!


Happy Wednesday!  I had a few moments this evening to get crafty!  I decided to play along with this week's PTI Make It Monday Challenge.  This week's challenge is about Artsy Watercolor backgrounds.  While watercolor stuff is all the rage right now, I find that when I try watercoloring, there is a fine line between artsy and a hot mess.   I was determined not to let this challenge get the best of me.  I am not sure how I feel about this card, but it was the best of my four attempts.  I decided this was as good as it was going to get.  LOL!

I decided to use the Happy Hydrangea set and the Shakers and Sprinkles heart dies.  I think I will gravitate toward these dies a lot because I just love them and because of their size.  At first I mounted the background on a rustic white base, but felt it needed just a tiny pop of color.  I ended up adding a narrow strip of the new leaf card stock and it gave it just a little something to keep it from looking too drab.  While there are several colors used, the watercolor look seemed to lighten the intensity of the hues to me so more color was needed.  I love my heart within a heart look with the heart dies.  I popped the center one up on two layers of dimensional tape to create even more depth.  

As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty

13 comments

  1. Hey Betty, thank you for your lovely comment. Your card is awesome as well. I love how you added a flower on the heart to tie it all together. I pre-orded the Shakers and Sprinkles kit but I haven't received mines it yet. I can't wait to get it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous hydrangeas and just LOVE how you did the heart with the frame!! Well done with the water colouring too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card beautiful effect and those colours are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, the hydrangeas are looking great

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. Perfect look for this type of card. Very soft and subtle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betty, this card is beautiful. I love the hydrangeas and I love the heart dies, too! One of my most favorite purchases from PTI...the shakers and sprinkles market kit! I, too, will be using the dies a lot, along with the sprinkles, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ups, forget to answer your question...I used the twinklings H2O and a brush for the background, the message on the card is a stamp from SU

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your hydrangea background! This turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Betty, this is absolutely stunning! I just love those hydrangeas- this is a perfect card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous water colored hydrangeas, Betty! Love that heart you framed as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Betty...what a wonderful card, so beautiful with all those sweet and soft colors and those hearts, so classy and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your hydrangeas are lovely on this Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful card - I love those dies too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.