Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Because




Happy Wednesday!  Popping in with a fun card.  I am playing along with the 
MFT Stamps Summer School Session Homework Assignments.  
This card is for Day 5: Symmetry.  I am also playing along with The Fusion Challenge.  

My inspiration for my symmetrical card came from the door in the inspiraiton photo.  I also decided to use turquoise and greens for this card.   I used Papertrey Ink select white card stock.  I heavily sponged two pieces using Ranger Distressed Oxide Peacock Feathers on one and Ranger Distressed Oxide Peeled Paint on the other.  I spritzed with water and blotted.  I also used some Copic Opaque White mixed with water and a tiny paint brush to flick on some small white splatters.


  Next, I die cut one rectangle and one square from each color using MFT Inside Out Stitched Squares and Stitched Rectangle die namics.  I die cut a piece of white for the stitched background panel using Blueprints 13.  I used foam tape to add the stitched rectangle panel to the white card stock base.  I then used some foam tape to pop up only the stitched rectangle accent panels. I used scor tape to secure the square panels.  


For my focal sentiment, I used MFT Because You stamp and die set.  I die cut the word four times and glued together with Tombow Aqua glue.  I softly sponged the peacock feathers and peeled pain inks again.  I also added some wink of stella for added sparkle and shine. 


 For the sentiment strip I stamped the sentiment from the Because set using versamark ink.  I heat embossed with white embossing powder.  I die cut a true black card stock stitched strip from Blueprints 2.  I added some foam tape to the sentiments and popped them on the card with some loose white quilting thread behind.  I finished with a few clear sequins.  


Check out my other MFT Summer School Creations 
HERE and HERE!

As always thanks so much for stopping by!



4 comments

  1. Ooh I really like this! Great backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great take on the inspiration! Thanks for playing along with us at Fusion :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sweet sentiment. Love your card, Betty ;-). Thanks for playing along with us at the FUSION card challenge and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.